Today I got word that Mello Yello has been discontinued for sale in the state of Michigan so basically whatever is left on the shelves right now is all that there will be.

I was calling around today, beginning with Coca Cola's consumer info line (which is 1-800-438-2653) and they told me that, to their knowledge, Mello Yello itself has not been discontinued as a product (only Diet Mello Yello will cease to be permanently) but they gave me some local numbers to distributors in the area which basically confirmed no more Mello Yello in Michigan for the time being apparently because Coke is pushing the ****ty "energy drink" Vault. I even called distributors in Northern Indiana about this and the nearest ones apparently don't even have any in their warehouses.

What to do? What to do? Is this the beginning of the end for Mello Yello, my one and ONLY favorite soda or will Vault fizzle out and Mello Yello will make a comeback (at least in my area anyway)? This happened a few years ago when Coke tried out another ****ty drink, Surge. That one failed so Mello Yello was sold once again but again they're trying to eradicate my favorite pop.

Even if Mello Yello was not discontinued nationwide but remained so in my area, it would essentially mean it was gone forever to me since how the hell could I find any? How far would I have to drive to buy some and more importantly, how would I know which stores even carry it????

So I'm asking all of you, as a MAJOR favor to me, even if you don't live in Michigan (or Indiana) or don't even drink Mello Yello, *please* write a letter to Coca Cola with words of support for it, encourage them to keep making it and for god's sake, actually advertise it. In my 31 years, I have never once seen a TV ad for Mello Yello.

Anyway, here is their address:

Industry and Consumer Affairs
Coca Cola Company
Dun 500
PO Box 1734
Atlanta, Georgia 30301

It would be a big help if you could encourage them to begin to distribute Mello Yello in Michigan again. Even if you don't live here you could say you have friends and relatives there who like the drink and want it back in stores.

Letters, if there are enough of them, can truly make a difference. Please help me on this one. Thank you.