Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I though Jacoby was preaching more contact

got alil captain in u?

I though Jacoby was preaching more contact

if jacoby is preaching more contact this team sure doesn't show it they still strike out just as much as when chambliss was here. he's supppossed to be helping dunn we saw it early in the season but now he's completely gone away from it he sure hits enough foul balls if he could only straighten um out he'd be sure .300 hitter with his patience.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I though Jacoby was preaching more contact

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    if jacoby is preaching more contact this team sure doesn't show it they still strike out just as much as when chambliss was here. he's supppossed to be helping dunn we saw it early in the season but now he's completely gone away from it he sure hits enough foul balls if he could only straighten um out he'd be sure .300 hitter with his patience.
    A) When the team needs to manufacture runs, Dunn is swinging at everything in the strikezone, just to make contact. He knows we need something and he's trying to hard to get it done.

B) Even with his patience it's going to be tough to get him too .300. He still gets calls below the knee's against him, that he really shouldn't get called. However, with his reach and swing, he could make solid contact on those pitches.

C) I've seen Jacoby, Pole and Narron lately in the dug out. Emotionless and clueless. If the players aren't responding to them, try something different. If they're not relating to the players well enough or offering any more help than "uhm, well..keep the ball low, and don't over throw" or "Swing at that ooh you missed. Good luck next time!" then I dont know what to say.

D) This team is clueless managment and players on the MLB level. My best thought right now is the same thing I was calling for at the begining of the year. Firesale, cash in Harrang, Arroyo, Dunn, Griffey and everyone else for players that are cheaper and better. Keep players like Phillips, Edwin, Hamilton, Coffey etc and build around them. You're bound to get a few good pitching prospects that are near MLB ready and a position players to help buidl the minor leagues up. Punt this year and go for the next five the right way.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Re: I though Jacoby was preaching more contact

build what around coffey? the only thing coffey is good for, is emesis

Turn Off Ads?