Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some realistic trade ideas

some realistic trade ideas

Here's what I would do..........

Make a deal with the Mets:
    Trade Dunn, Lohse for Milledge (RH bat you are going to need) , and Kevin Mullvey (AA)

Trade Weathers and Stanton to the Yanks (they need bullpen help) for.........Chase Wright and another low prospect

Trade Griffey to the Braves for Saltamachhia

Trade Hatteberg, Valentin for any mid prospect you can get.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: some realistic trade ideas

If the Reds trade Junior I will not watch another game this year.

Exactly how I feel.

Satalamacchia will be a stud, though.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post

Why? Because getting some decent players for him may actually help this team?

It amazes me when people say this. Jr. is taking up like 13 million in payroll and is only getting older/slower and he shouldn't be in the Reds plans for the next year or two. Trading him now for some decent prospects/players would only make perfect sense.

But I guess we'd rather see him as a Reds player on an underachieving team.

We want this organization to become better but we don't want to trade a guy who's value will never be higher at his age?
    Last edited by DTCromer; 05-27-2007 at 10:29 AM.

Face facts. The Reds aren't going to contend anytime soon. Jr. doesn't feel like this is his hometown anyways (and I don't think he has since they didn't resign Larkin), read the article from this year that states "I work in Cincinnati" when asked if he enjoyed playing for his hometown team. Get something for him before he retires, or moves on to another team at the end of his contract, and you're not getting squat.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Why?
    Why? Because he's been my favorite player for years and he's finally having a good year on my favorite team. I want him to hit number 600 as a Red. Because I want to see him finish his career off as a Red. Because I know he can stay healthy for a few more seasons possibly getting close to 700. Why? Because every time he gets to bat I get excited because he's getting closer to number 600. Also he's been the only reason for me to watch this team this season.

Why? Because he's been my favorite player for years and he's finally having a good year on my favorite team. I want him to hit number 600 as a Red. Because I want to see him finish his career off as a Red. Because I know he can stay healthy for a few more seasons possibly getting close to 700. Why? Because every time he gets to bat I get excited because he's getting closer to number 600. Also he's been the only reason for me to watch this team this season.
    I can see for selfish reasons, but as a fan of the Reds, trading Jr. for the right pieces is the right thing to do.

I love to watch Griffey play and at this point he is really the only thing worth going to the ballpark for but I would also like to see him have a chance to win a ring. As for the trade mentioned above though, there is no chance the Braves would deal Saltamachhia for Griffey. As good as Griffey is hitting right now there is still no gaurantee that he will make it through the rest of the year let alone the rest of the month. The Braves aren't going to give up a stud prospect for a guy who cost 12 million dollars and could break down tomorrow.

As much as some of you want Griffey gone, you have to remember he ultimately gets to decide whether or not he wants to be traded. It would be very difficult to trade him and would take a unique situation. Trading Dunn makes much more sense, would be a lot easier and would free up just as much money.

No reason for Braves to trade Saltalamacchia for Griffey. If they don't get a starting pitcher, it won't batter how many more bats they acquire.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    I can see for selfish reasons, but as a fan of the Reds, trading Jr. for the right pieces is the right thing to do.
    Yes, call me selfish for wanting to keep our best player on the team. I am selfish.

to keep the best player on a team at the sake of the longterm success of the team if there were a decent trade to be made would be foolish.

carry on

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    As much as some of you want Griffey gone, you have to remember he ultimately gets to decide whether or not he wants to be traded. It would be very difficult to trade him and would take a unique situation. Trading Dunn makes much more sense, would be a lot easier and would free up just as much money.
    Griffey would be much, much closer to home for himself playing in ATL. I think it might be the only place he would agree to be traded to.

those arnt realistic trade ideas

Turn Off Ads?