Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds sign 2006 39th rd D & F

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds sign 2006 39th rd D & F

Oh Lord. I read this from the new post tabs and I wasn't as careful as I could have been.

I was trying to figure out why in the world the reds needed a lefthanded middle infielder who couldn't really play in the middle infield anymore when I noticed what I thought was a typo...was indeed correct.

Todd...Waller....there's no k in there to my relief.

Carry on now.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

LOL dfs!

Speaking of signing players who have been away from baseball.

There's a kid named Aaron Hathaway, who was the Third pick in the 4th round of the 2004 draft. Drafted by the Mets because of his defensive prowess behind the plate, he proved them right in his first year and a half of baseball advancing through their lower levels at a fast pace.

As a bonus, he was improving every year, and hit .311 with an OBP of about .375. He attended the Univ of Washington as starter for 3 years.

He finished Spring Training with the Mets in 2006, then had a falling out with the Mets where he walked away from baseball. If I were the REDS, I'd give him a call and find out what's going on and where he's at in his head. I spoke to him a couple of days ago and he was wearing an MLB shirt, and seemed proud that he had been a Met. He's married, which probably explains his issue with the METS. Most men's problems are women, as most women's problems are men.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Reds also signed 2006 D/F (23rd rd) OF Tony Brown...

http://www.njcaa.org/regions/stats.c...229&regionid=8

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    Speaking of signing players who have been away from baseball.

There's a kid named Aaron Hathaway, who was the Third pick in the 4th round of the 2004 draft. Drafted by the Mets because of his defensive prowess behind the plate, he proved them right in his first year and a half of baseball advancing through their lower levels at a fast pace.

As a bonus, he was improving every year, and hit .311 with an OBP of about .375. He attended the Univ of Washington as starter for 3 years.

He finished Spring Training with the Mets in 2006, then had a falling out with the Mets where he walked away from baseball. If I were the REDS, I'd give him a call and find out what's going on and where he's at in his head. I spoke to him a couple of days ago and he was wearing an MLB shirt, and seemed proud that he had been a Met. He's married, which probably explains his issue with the METS. Most men's problems are women, as most women's problems are men.
    I ran into him again about 4 hours ago and I asked him if he'd call the REDS because they only have one legitimate prospect at Catcher and he's at Single-A. He said he can't because he's still under contract with the Mets. I was wondering about that. At least I found out that he clearly wants to play, but I didn't ask him what's going on with his status. He asked me who the REDS had at the Major league level, and I told him Ross, who's probably already peaked, Valentin who's at the very end of his career, and Moeller, who's also at the very end of his career. I said that they are all one-dimensional and none of them can play defense and hit like you can.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Turn Off Ads?