Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castellini doesn't want to win!!

Castellini doesn't want to win!!

The Reds had the perfect chance to turn around their season with 4 against the Nats and 4 with the Pirates and they get smoked at home. You can tell he doesn't want to win, if he did he would make drastic changes. If Narron can't get the Reds to win against these teams at home, how will he ever get them to win. Start the fire sale now, bring up the young kids, make some deals and fire the Mgr now if you want to win in the future. But he won't because they are afraid to move people within the organization.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Castellini doesn't want to win!!

I'm sure he's trying to lose

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fazio View Post
    The Reds had the perfect chance to turn around their season with 4 against the Nats and 4 with the Pirates and they get smoked at home. You can tell he doesn't want to win, if he did he would make drastic changes. If Narron can't get the Reds to win against these teams at home, how will he ever get them to win. Start the fire sale now, bring up the young kids, make some deals and fire the Mgr now if you want to win in the future. But he won't because they are afraid to move people within the organization.
    I'm not sure doing any of those things hastily will be good for the future.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

High five!

I hear he's a lousy tipper too.

Schnickelfritz

Castellini's good buddy, W, doesn't know how to run a war. Quite apt that Mr. C. doesn't know how to run a ball club.

You can tell he doesn't want to win, if he did he would make drastic changes.
    With all due respect, that is just a crazy statement.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    With all due respect, that is just a crazy statement.
    With all due respect, this is a crazy statement:

"We're much better than we've played," Castellini said. "But the results sure don't show it, do they?"

I think he wants to win, but he is relying on people who have no clue and he's buying it, hook line and sinker.

Castellini hasn't even been in control of this club for two years. It takes time to rebuild a decimated franchise. Ask John Hart from his early days in Cleveland, and Mark Shapiro currently in Cleveland, and Dave Dombrowski in Detroit, and so on and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I think he wants to win, but he is relying on people who have no clue and he's buying it, hook line and sinker.
    I wonder if he'll ever stop buying it? I'm also curious whether Reds management has decided to start looking only at the pythag of their W-L record for 2007. This because the phrase "We're better than our record shows" seems to be coming out of their mouths a lot lately. If only they would start looking at some of the other relevant new statistical measurements... like their real W-L record!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    Castellini's good buddy, W, doesn't know how to run a war. Quite apt that Mr. C. doesn't know how to run a ball club.

Lets see, Lets spend a million plus dollars on a franchise so we can lose!!!!! Right on Daddy O!!!!!!
    Last edited by George Anderson; 05-27-2007 at 08:16 PM.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

yep I'm sure he likes losing. This sounds like crap on talk radio.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    With all due respect, this is a crazy statement

Quote:
    "We're much better than we've played," Castellini said. "But the results sure don't show it, do they?"
    The fact of the matter is the Reds are playing well below where they should be right now. The Pythagoren W-L over the last few days has gotten worse but a few days ago they should've been 22-23 instead of 10 games under .500. Let the Washington Nationals a few years ago be an example when they had a -2 run differential (a .500 Pythagorean W-L record) and were around 10 games above .500. All of a sudden the law of averages kicked in and they fell back down to where they should've been in the first place. So Castellini is right and that statement shows me he may know a little about baseball. That is a promising thing that is different from our last owner.

I ran into Bob yesterday I was like, "Bob! Are you trying to lose or what?"

He was like, "yep. Thats my secret plan. But don't tell anyone. "

/end sarcasm
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

Turn Off Ads?