Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do you still watch?

Why do you still watch?

Was thinking about this today and my question is to you people, Why do you still watch this team?

For me, it is just being loyal and being a fan. I can't just leave this team for the rest of the year although at times I feel like it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why do you still watch?

Because I am a diehard and can't help it. It's certainly frustrating right now, though.

Senor Votto

Griffey and Dunn

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Diehard, and I'd rather watch the Reds lose than American Idol or some other show.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

I still listen because it's just an addiction, i've listened to 90% of Red's games for the past 5 or so years since I was in grade school and it's become second nature to turn on the Red's and listen to Marty and Joe/Jeff/Thom.

I think every day something inside me is holding onto hope that today will be the day that they show some sign of life. Maybe it'll be tomorrow, LOL. Really right now I tune into see Griffey b/c it's rare to see a player of his calibur in a Reds uniform and the young guys, hoping they'll provide some optimism for the future.

First, I'm a fan, regardless...this just makes it much, much more painful...

It's beginning to become viewing of Griffey, EE, Hamilton, etc to see how they will do, almost expecting the inevitable conclusion at the end of 9 innings...

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

Easy: Because I'm a Reds fan.

I mean, if I can listen/watch the Bengals during their 2-14 season, I can listen/watch anything.

Hamilton, Griffey, Phillips and Dunn. Sometimes Harang, Arroyo and Encarnacion. And because I'm a Reds fan.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I watch because I always will, I love baseball and love the Reds. I also enjoy the mid game shots in the dugout where Narron looks miserable. That is the only satisfaction I get lately

The Reds are my drug...if I don't watch/listen, I shake...if I listen/watch I have bad side effects. Luckily none of them last for four hours.

Because it's hilarious to watch these befuddling idiots. Plus, the worse they lose by, the better the chance we see someone get canned.

I guess you can say I've been fortunate. For some odd reason, they were blacked out today on our FSN, and Friday night the FSN signal was all scrambled up for the entire 10 innings. So I haven't really "seen" much of the weekend crap.

I still try to watch and listen, because I don't want to be called a fairweather fan. I wore my Bengals stuff throughout the Shula/Coslet/Lebeau years to be loyal. It was really hard, but it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    I guess you can say I've been fortunate. For some odd reason, they were blacked out today on our FSN, and Friday night the FSN signal was all scrambled up for the entire 10 innings. So I haven't really "seen" much of the weekend crap.

I still try to watch and listen, because I don't want to be called a fairweather fan. I wore my Bengals stuff throughout the Shula/Coslet/Lebeau years to be loyal. It was really hard, but it was worth it.
    I hear ya on the Bengal part...I lived in Northwest Ohio out of the Bengal TV area for 6 years, and I would still listen to them on the radio or go catch them on Direct TV at a bowling alley through that disastrous era. The Reds are approaching that having not had a winning season since 99.

Compulsion, Junior and Hamilton.

Turn Off Ads?