Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do you still watch?

got alil captain in u?

Re: Why do you still watch?

i agree with some of the other posters im a die hard and always will be

2. Turn Off Ads?

Because I am old enough to remember the BRM and as a kid how proud I was to be a Reds fan. It is almost embarrasing to admit you are a
    Reds fan nowaday. Those memories carry me through times like these, even though things certainly look bleak.

This franchise, with the right leadership, was once and could be again among the best in professional sports.

im still not sure why, it's like a car wreck when you can't look away or something.

I'm starting to question myself every day. I wish I knew why. I do love baseball, and the Reds. They are getting to the point where they are so awful they are fun.
    You know like a Vanilla Ice song, or professional wrestling.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jharb74 View Post
    I'm starting to question myself every day. I wish I knew why. I do love baseball, and the Reds. They are getting to the point where they are so awful they are fun.
    You know like a Vanilla Ice song, or professional wrestling.
    You just said what everybody else is thinking. Kudos to you, sir!
    Witty signature.

I find myself asking the same question. I have been a Reds fan since 1968, but because of RedsZone I know more about this team (last year and this year) than any version of the Reds I have ever watched. I bought MLB Extra Innings last year and this year so I would miss hardly any games. I am coming to the RZ Gathering this year in June (hope we still have a team then). I made (in my own way) a commitment to the team that I guess I am trying to see through to the end of the season.
    But still, I'm wondering why I put myself through this day after day. It could be we're all insane.

Griffey's swing, thats pretty much what I tune in for. Don't get me wrong, I love the Reds, but I've been paying most attention to him since he got traded. Favorite player to my favorite team, it was like Christmas

Was thinking about this today and my question is to you people, Why do you still watch this team?
    Why would you not watch? If you love baseball and the Reds are your team, then there isn't an alternative to watch on a daily basis. Baseball often imitates society, or in this case this question is example of what is wrong with current society. It's much easier to give up on something that turns bad then to follow it and see it through (which often leads to the greatest rewards of all).

I watch because I love baseball, I love the Reds, I love the city of Cincinnati, I love to be committed. I love George Grande (just seeing if you were still paying attention).

I know it can be frustraiting as all get out, and somedays you want to punch a hole in the wall. But there's nothing like seeing a well played baseball game in this world, and even this team is capable of doing that on rare occasions.

...if for nothing else "WE" as fans get to see Ken Griffey Jr. play on a daily basis, something that mabye 5% of fans truly appreciate.

I love the Cincinnati Reds. That simple.

Because they're on television. That's about it. What else am I going to watch? I'm a Reds fan.
    Chad D
    Redleg Nation: A Cincinnati Reds Blog, Fan Community, and Therapy Group

Because I'm not a fairweather fan. I love the Reds no matter what and always will. I watched the Big Red Machine when I was a kid, I was there for the 1990 WS, and I'll be there when they do bad. I'm a fan for life. Not just when they're doing well.

Turn Off Ads?