Turn Off Ads?

Thread: saarloss was a great acquisition by krivsky

saarloss was a great acquisition by krivsky

dynamic vision led Krivsky to plunder saarloss, I hope his acquisition is Ted Davidson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: saarloss was a great acquisition by krivsky

back to the pen for him. Do we have any quality options at SP? I hope that by late summer when Bailey is up that we feel very confident in our top 3 and that Belisle proves to be competent.

Quote Originally Posted by BucksandReds View Post
    back to the pen for him. Do we have any quality options at SP? I hope that by late summer when Bailey is up that we feel very confident in our top 3 and that Belisle proves to be competent.
    I feel like Bailey is our best option for the #5 spot right now. It's time to take off the kid gloves. Young pitching is such a crapshoot anyway, right? Bonderman has been pitching in the majors since he was 19, went through an 18 loss season, and now he's an ace. I think it all comes down to the character and mechanics of the kid in question, and Bailey seems to have both in aces. Bring him up now!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport View Post
    dynamic vision led Krivsky to plunder saarloss, I hope his acquisition is Ted Davidson
    I don't think Wayne intended for him to be a long term starter, but more of a long relief guy in the pen. So I wouldn't get all wrapped up in the "Another brilliant move by WK (with the roll eyes emoticon)" just yet.

If given the chance to add a guy like Saarloos in the preseason it would have been stupid not to go after him. He has had a little success in the past and as a 5th or last spot reliever there isnt many teams that would be unhappy adding someone like him.

Everyone in the organization says Bailey isnt ready. And if they listened to the people on these boards, brought him up, he gets rocked and I'm sure there would be a million posts on how the Reds hurried another pitching prospect.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport View Post
    I'm sensing sarcasm.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I feel like Bailey is our best option for the #5 spot right now. It's time to take off the kid gloves. Young pitching is such a crapshoot anyway, right? Bonderman has been pitching in the majors since he was 19, went through an 18 loss season, and now he's an ace. I think it all comes down to the character and mechanics of the kid in question, and Bailey seems to have both in aces. Bring him up now!
    What about Elizardo Ramirez? The kid has some major league experience and some minor success in the majors.

I really hate saying this and I hope im wrong but I have a bad feeling that they are going to give Santos a start.They even started talking about it today during the game about Santos can start a game.I really hope im wrong but I think Santos will be the next bullpen pitcher to start a game.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Saarloos wasn't a bad aquisition...we essentially didn't give up anything for him. He's had some horrible outings, but then again, who on this staff hasn't?

I'd have to imagine Livingston could be back up after someone else goes on the DL with a phantom injury. (Hopefully Stanton). Or, maybe Dumatrait will get a shot.

Also, If Votto keeps up what he's been doing the last month, I'd have to assume he's coming up as well.
    Hey Marty, This is Adam from Milwaukee...

Everyone in the organization says Bailey isnt ready. And if they listened to the people on these boards, brought him up, he gets rocked and I'm sure there would be a million posts on how the Reds hurried another pitching prospect.
    Like I've been saying, you don't bring Homer up just because our guys up here aren't playing well. You bring him up when he's ready.

please tell me you are DT Cromer? that has to be the reason for the ID, lol.

Turn Off Ads?