Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gruesome Rambo Trailer Slays On Internet

Re: Gruesome Rambo Trailer Slays On Internet

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    We have a "White Shadow" sighting....
    Too bad they didn't go with their other script idea, where Cool, Thorpe and Salami are taken hostage while on a goodwill basketball tour of SE Asia and John Rambo sneaks into the hostage-takers' compound and trains the Carver alumni to kick some butt as they escape through the jungle.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Too bad they didn't go with their other script idea, where Cool, Thorpe and Salami are taken hostage while on a goodwill basketball tour of SE Asia and John Rambo sneaks into the hostage-takers' compound and trains the Carver alumni to kick some butt as they escape through the jungle.

Do you know how long it has been since I actually snotted from laughing so hard? I mean, prior to 10 seconds ago, that is....

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

I like how the slaying is done right after the heart-felt prayer. Whats up with that?
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    I like how the slaying is done right after the heart-felt prayer. Whats up with that?
    Don't knock it. If it was good enough for the Christians during the crusaders, then it is good enough for John Rambo.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Killing and murder are two different things.

"Blessed are the peacemakers..."

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post

I thought he said "Blessed are the cheesemakers."
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Hmm, I remember it "Blessed are the BEERmakers."

Although I would question the relevance of the scripture to your claim, I doubt peacemakers referenced fire mounted guns at point blank range and decapitate folks.
    Witty signature.

I thought he said "Blessed are the cheesemakers."
    “What was that?”

”I don’t know. I was too busy talking to Bignose.”

”I think it was ‘Blessed are the cheesemakers.’”

”Ah, what’s so special about the cheesemakers?”

”Well, obviously, it’s not meant to be taken literally. It refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.”
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Although I would question the relevance of the scripture to your claim, I doubt peacemakers referenced fire mounted guns at point blank range and decapitate folks.
    The relevance being a person who brings peace is a peacemaker. Ending the life of a person who opposed peace makes the scripture pretty relevant to me. I guess its all about interpretation and discussion but then again, that's what makes the Book so great, eh?

If a man who just killed my wife had every intention of moving on to the next target being my sister, mom, daughter or son, i'd use a 50 cal from an inch away if I could.... That, my good friend, is peacemaking. I would hope God blessed me for it as barbaric as you think that sounds.
    Last edited by smith288; 05-30-2007 at 09:51 PM.

The relevance being a person who brings peace is a peacemaker. Ending the life of a person who opposed peace makes the scripture pretty relevant to me. I guess its all about interpretation and discussion but then again, that's what makes the Book so great, eh?

If a man who just killed my wife had every intention of moving on to the next target being my sister, mom, daughter or son, i'd use a 50 cal from an inch away if I could.... That, my good friend, is peacemaking. I would hope God blessed me for it as barbaric as you think that sounds.
    Use of force to bring peace is one enormous paradox. Debate about it in this forum accomplishes little and given our history, will carry on for 10-20 more pages resulting in "well, you're just stupid" eminating from one of our mouths.

I propose the cabash, and invite you to see the movie together cause it looks BA
    Witty signature.

Ah yes. The word "stupid". That word would send you into a fit of rage undefined in the dictionary. E-N-T-E-R-T-A-I-N-I-N-G

We've got a sitcom about the Geico cavemen and a movie version of 'Bewitched.' Surely there's room on the big screen for this awesome idea.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Ok, back to the movie discussion cheesemakers....

I really liked Rocky Balboa, so the idea of another Rambo makes me happy. I watched the trailer and it makes me want to see the movie, however I do think that they went a little too far with the gore.

I thought Vin Diesel was the next Stallone/Schwarzenegger. Yeah, after The Pacifier, he just about lost his "guy card" IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    I thought Vin Diesel was the next Stallone/Schwarzenegger. Yeah, after The Pacifier, he just about lost his "guy card" IMHO.
    If Stallone's career survived after 'Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot' and Schwarzenegger's career survived after 'Junior', then surely Vin can live down 'The Pacifier'.

Turn Off Ads?