Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Win This One for Freel

got alil captain in u?

Win This One for Freel

win this one for a guy who gives us 110% everyday and in true Ryan Freel fashion he held on to the ball. Our prayers are with ya buddy get back fast

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Win This One for Freel

I hope he's alright

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    win this one for a guy who gives us 110% everyday and in true Ryan Freel fashion he held on to the ball. Our prayers are with ya buddy get back fast
    I don't think he did hold onto the ball, if you watch close it looks like Hopper puts the ball back into Freel's glove when he gets over to him.

Future Reds All Star

Just awful! Brought tears to my eyes! I just hope it's not as bad as it looked! Prayers with him & his family!

got alil captain in u?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Sanchez View Post
    I don't think he did hold onto the ball, if you watch close it looks like Hopper puts the ball back into Freel's glove when he gets over to him.
    if hopper did do that that's the slickest move i've seen in awhile heads up play by hopper to make a terrible situation not be much worse as cota woulda scored

I don't see how that could have happened being that the umpire was running towards the play and would have had to seen something like that happen.

if hopper did do that that's the slickest move i've seen in awhile heads up play by hopper to make a terrible situation not be much worse as cota woulda scored
    If he did do it he probably didn't do it just to make it look like Freel caught it. He's not stupid, you can look at replays to see who caught the ball. He probably just did it for a momento or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I don't see how that could have happened being that the umpire was running towards the play and would have had to seen something like that happen.
    Yeah I watched every single replay as close as I possibly could and didn't see anything close to Hopper putting the ball in Freel's glove. I did, however, notice the ump sprinting over to Freel to see if he had caught the ball (and probably to then see if he was OK).

EDIT: After just watching it again, I can see how it might've looked like Hopper was putting the ball back in Freel's glove. But you definitely couldn't see the ball and it looked like he was just moving the glove to get a look at Freel's face.
    Last edited by Screwball; 05-28-2007 at 03:26 PM.

got alil captain in u?

freel update he is at good samaritian in cincy getting head and neck scans was awake and alert and had full range of motion during transportation

thx for the update, cptn... lets all keep our fingers crossed.
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

After watching the plays EE and Gonzo just made, it looks as though they listened.

Very scary incident! Good news that he's able to move his arms and legs etc.

After watching the replay again, I think you may be right. It is pretty obvious that Hopper put something that was on the ground into Freel's glove and the umpire looked to be shielded by Hopper. Slick move.

I just saw the replay. Hopper most certainly did put the ball back in his glove, it was very slick. Right after he did it the umpire got there and asked Hopper a question and then Hopper opened Freel's glove and the ump looked in and saw the ball. It was very smooth.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

got alil captain in u?

i just watched it again and i saw the same thing hoppers left hand makes a motion towards freels glove the umpire was shielded

Turn Off Ads?