Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Ideas (not rumors, ideas)

Trade Ideas (not rumors, ideas)

I was just thinking of some possible moves the Reds could make and I'm and just seeing if you guys like the deals, and if you think they are realistic.

Whitesox get: Ken Griffey Jr. OF
    Reds get: John Danks SP and Robert Valido SS

or

Redsox get: Ken Griffey Jr. OF
    Reds get: Clay Bucholz SP and George Kottaras C

Dodgers get: Adam Dunn OF
    Reds get: Jonathan Broxton RP and Matt Kemp OF

or

Angels get: Adam Dunn OF
    Reds get: Erik Aybar SS and Jeff Mathis C

with the Angels I would also be interested in getting Mosley back with our organiszation maybe sub him with Mathis if they won't give him up.

with any of these trades we can throw in a Weathers, Conine, or Hatteberg, and it will still be fine.

If you guys have any feedback on how realistic they are, or if you aproove. If there is a trade you don't like or something, throw in some of your ideas too.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Ideas (not rumors, ideas)

We do not need shortstop at all because we have Gonzalez. Also at this point none of these teams would be willing to make trades except for maybe the white sox

Interesting ideas, and pretty realistic.

Whitesox get: Ken Griffey Jr. OF
    Reds get: John Danks SP and Robert Valido SS
    Not so sure the Sox would go for this just because losing Danks would sort of deplete their rotation for the stretch run. I honestly don't know much about Valido, what can you tell me about him?

Redsox get: Ken Griffey Jr. OF
    Reds get: Clay Bucholz SP and George Kottaras C
    Interesting idea. It would always be nice to get a talented young catcher. Bucholz is a bit of a risk, but definatley has alot of upside. It's difficult to know the real market value for Junior. He's off to a great start, and one of the greatest hitters of all time. However, he's still making alot of money, he's still old, and he's still and injury risk. It's hard to know what his value is.

Dodgers get: Adam Dunn OF
    Reds get: Jonathan Broxton RP and Matt Kemp OF
    Probably my favorite deal you posted. L.A. needs a lefty power bat, and Broxton and Kemp offer the Reds help now and for the future. Kemp is a right handed, young bat, something the Reds are desperatley lacking outside of EE. Kemp could also push Hamilton to IMO his best position RF. Broxton would step in and be a great, young arm in the bullpen. Works for both teams IMO.

Dunn to LA for Kemp and a pitcher or two seems like a realistic deal that could go down.

Griffey doesnt fit in with the Red Sox. They have Ramirez, Crisp and Drew in the OF with Pena backing up. Ortiz at DH. Griffey's only real spot barring an injury would be to learn how to play first. I doubt the Red Sox would really want that mid season. Everyone seems to think they need a new first baseman but I think they are happy with Youkilis.

Not a snowballs chance in heck the Dodgers do that trade. Id forever love Krivsky if he could pull that off but Kemp is the best of the Dodgers numerous prospects. If you go by PECOTA he had one of the top 35 VORP projections in all of baseball. Ahead of studs like Holliday and Carlos Lee. I think a more likely return from the Dodgers would be Ethier but I still highly doubt that they would do that deal.

As for the White Sox proposal I think if you would susbsitute Larry Broadway for Danks it would be more likely. Danks is the Sox top prospect right now.

I think the Angels proposal is the most likely but I dont know much about Jeff Mathis situation in Anaheim. If Mike Napoli doesnt turn it around I doubt they would part with him. Also the Reds would have to find a taker for Alex Gonzalez so Aybar could slot into short.
    Last edited by larks; 05-28-2007 at 08:49 PM.

Griffey's an upgrade over both Crisp and Drew. I don't think Dunn for Kemp is as unlikely as you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Not so sure the Sox would go for this just because losing Danks would sort of deplete their rotation for the stretch run. I honestly don't know much about Valido, what can you tell me about him?
    Valido is very similar to Paul Janish IMO, he is nothing to build a future on but just a good minor leaguer to throw in.

Quote Originally Posted by larks View Post
    Griffey doesnt fit in with the Red Sox. They have Ramirez, Crisp and Drew in the OF with Pena backing up. Ortiz at DH. Griffey's only real spot barring an injury would be to learn how to play first. I doubt the Red Sox would really want that mid season. Everyone seems to think they need a new first baseman but I think they are happy with Youkilis.
    I just thought Griffey was an upgrade to Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by larks View Post
    I think the Angels proposal is the most likely but I dont know much about Jeff Mathis situation in Anaheim. If Mike Napoli doesnt turn it around I doubt they would part with him. Also the Reds would have to find a taker for Alex Gonzalez so Aybar could slot into short.
    I was making this trade as if Gonzalez was part of the "sale" during the trade deadline.

Griffey would definitely be an upgrade for both but I dont think the Red Sox are looking to replace Drew anytime soon with the contract they just gave him. So it would it come down to sliding Drew to center and putting Griffey in right.

I read the LA proposals as Griffey instead of Dunn. Dunn for Kemp and Broxtown would definitely be more likely. If Im the GM of the Dodgers though I dont pull the trigger on that one. I still say Broxton, Ethier and hopefully an aditional player like Hong-Chih Kuo) would be a more likely return for Dunn.

Dunn for Aybar and Mathis would still definitely be the most realistic in my opinion if we can move Gonzalez.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Griffey's an upgrade over both Crisp and Drew. I don't think Dunn for Kemp is as unlikely as you think it is.
    I'd certainly agree that Junior is an upgrade over both Crisp and Drew but I still don't see the Red Sox as a great fit for Junior. I guess I could see the Sox playing Junior in right and sliding Drew into CF but I still don't think that is a likely scenario. I do think the White Sox would be a good fit for Junior but I'm not sure they'd be willing to give up Danks for him. I don't know a whole lot about the prospects in the White Sox organization but if they're close around the deadline I could see them making a serious run at Griffey.

I love the proposed Dunn for Broxton and Kemp deal but I'm not sure the Dodgers would be willing to give up Broxton. One of the Dodgers biggest strengths is the back end of their bullpen, I'm sure they'd love to add a power bat like Dunn but probably not at the expense of their bullpen. With that being said if I could get both Broxton and Kemp for Dunn, I make the deal in a heartbeat. I'm less keen on a Broxton and Ethier package but I'd still consider it.

I think the Angels are a good fit for Dunn but with Alex Gonzalez and Brandon Phillips here for the long run I'm not sure Aybar is a great fit. Given the Angels strong starting pitching I'd love to see the Reds target Nick Adenhart and another prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    I think the Angels are a good fit for Dunn but with Alex Gonzalez and Brandon Phillips here for the long run I'm not sure Aybar is a great fit. Given the Angels strong starting pitching I'd love to see the Reds target Nick Adenhart and another prospect.
    That would be my one qualm with the Angels proposal. I would hate to trade Dunn with out getting one good quality arm. Adenhart would be pretty good fit for this park too. His fastball has great late sinking action.

Substitute Adenhart for Aybar. Adenhart, Mathis for Dunn Likely just a pipe dream though.

Senor Votto

No to all

Rangers get Dunn, EZ/Hopper and Conine and perhaps cash.

Reds get Texiera

I can make a convincing argument for this on paper. It really all depends on what Texas thinks about Dunn's value.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

High five!

Why do the Reds need Teixeira with Votto nearly ready?

How about this trade.

Boston gets
    Griffey and Freel

Reds get
    Crisp, Lester, Minor leaguer

I really don't know much if anything about the sox farm systerm but I think this may work. If Epstein can see Freel turning into a Dave Roberts type of piece that they had in Dave Roberts a few years ago this could happen. It seems as if the Sox are really down on Crisp and the reds may be able to pry away Lester from the Sox as they make a run at the series.

I love Dunn for Kemp and Broxton. I think Broxton would fill the closers roll in Cincy from day 1 and Kemp would replace Dunn in the OF from day 1. Kemp isn't going to immediately replace Dunn's power, but I bet over a full season in 2008, Kemp and Votto could match the power numbers of Dunn and Hatte. Kemp would be big upgrade defensively. The other thing this trade does is gives us about $20 mil to spend in the offseason with Dunn and Milton's salary being gone. This money could be spent on other areas of need. (SP or C). I would love this deal.

Turn Off Ads?