Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade Ideas (not rumors, ideas)

Re: Trade Ideas (not rumors, ideas)

IF Krivsky could pull off the Dunn for Broxton/Kemp deal, I'd forgive him for the debacle of some of his previous dealings and signings.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Over the weekend, Tracy Jones predicted a big trade(s) to come soon.

(I am ducking...)
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Over the weekend, Tracy Jones predicted a big trade(s) to come soon.

(I am ducking...)
    If anyone would know about big trades it would be Tracy Jones. After all he has been an integral part of so many big ones, involving such names as Mike Aldrete, Pat Sheridan, Darnell Coles and more.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Originally posted by nate
    Why do the Reds need Teixeira with Votto nearly ready?
    That's a fair enough question, but ask yourself why the Reds are trying Joey out in LF? Either Joey's defense thus far is disturbing (7 errors, I believe) or they are preparing themselves for a trade of Dunn or both.

The fact is no matter how good Votto may or not be, it is irrelevent for a deal of Texiera. Because if you can secure the services of a guy who is a much better hitter than Dunn, nearly as much power, a year younger (actually more like 6 months) and plays gold glove defense at any position you do it.

Especially when that defense would likely have a dramatic effect on his IF mates as well. I think it saves EE maybe 5 or more errors a year who knows. Perhaps more if EE knows he's got a guy over there who can get to alot and feels more at ease therefore makes better throws.

If they don't feel Votto is the answer at 1st then who else do you have lined up for that spot? EE, I doubt it there is something to be said for a big target over at 1st and 6 ft tall doesn't necc. qualify. Tex is about 6 ft 3 and 220 lbs.

Plus you get the added bonus of sorta steering Dunn out of the NL for good as he would be near home in Arlington. If all goes well he would be very likely to re-sign there after his contract is up.

Overall it just has the makings of a perfect fit deal IMO.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    That's a fair enough question, but ask yourself why the Reds are trying Joey out in LF? Either Joey's defense thus far is disturbing (7 errors, I believe) or they are preparing themselves for a trade of Dunn or both.

The fact is no matter how good Votto may or not be, it is irrelevent for a deal of Texiera. Because if you can secure the services of a guy who is a much better hitter than Dunn, nearly as much power, a year younger (actually more like 6 months) and plays gold glove defense at any position you do it.

Especially when that defense would likely have a dramatic effect on his IF mates as well. I think it saves EE maybe 5 or more errors a year who knows. Perhaps more if EE knows he's got a guy over there who can get to alot and feels more at ease therefore makes better throws.

If they don't feel Votto is the answer at 1st then who else do you have lined up for that spot? EE, I doubt it there is something to be said for a big target over at 1st and 6 ft tall doesn't necc. qualify. Tex is about 6 ft 3 and 220 lbs.

Plus you get the added bonus of sorta steering Dunn out of the NL for good as he would be near home in Arlington. If all goes well he would be very likely to re-sign there after his contract is up.

Overall it just has the makings of a perfect fit deal IMO.
    I really like Teixiera but IMHO this trade makes absolutely no sense for either side. Teixeira, like Dunn, is a free agent after 2008. If the Rangers are going to trade Teixeira, they're going to want to get multiple prospects who can figure into their long term plans, not a short term rental player like Adam Dunn. Similarly why would the Reds be interested in renting Teixeira for a season and a half? If the Reds are going to be in rebuilding mode, trading Dunn only makes sense if they get back a number of prospects that fit into the club's long term future.

Quote Originally Posted by larks View Post
    Not a snowballs chance in heck the Dodgers do that trade. Id forever love Krivsky if he could pull that off but Kemp is the best of the Dodgers numerous prospects. If you go by PECOTA he had one of the top 35 VORP projections in all of baseball. Ahead of studs like Holliday and Carlos Lee. I think a more likely return from the Dodgers would be Ethier but I still highly doubt that they would do that deal.
    Ned Colletti would lose his job if he made that trade. I doubt the Dodgers would trade Broxton for Dunn straight up.

Turn Off Ads?