Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norris Hopper Story

Norris Hopper Story

I was in the front row of Monday's game just below the Pepsi Power Stacks. Freel's injury occured right in front of me and the group I was with. As Freel lay at the base of the wall, injured, Norris Hopper gets up comes over and slides the ball over in his Freel's glove. The ball had actually jarred free from the collision. Nobody could see it as it appeared Hopper was checking on Freel. The ump comes out seconds later, looks for the ball and finds it in Freel's glove, and rings up the hitter. It was great.

On another note, the exhaust fumes from the ambulance liked to choked us to death. Regardless of the terrible season, it's always fun to be at the ball park.
    GO REDS!
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

Re: Norris Hopper Story

norris u sly little devil who would think to do that

That is so scrappy.

When I read the title I thought that George Grand started this post.

I thought it was clear as day that he put the ball into Freel's glove. The more I rewound it and watched it the more noticeable it was.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by James B. View Post
    When I read the title I thought that George Grand started this post.
    LMAO

Yeah, i'm a sly little devil.

Someone in the game thread over at our site said they saw that on television, but no one else saw it. Guess this is confirmation. Very interesting.
    Chad D
    Redleg Nation: A Cincinnati Reds Blog, Fan Community, and Therapy Group

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Sanchez View Post
    I thought it was clear as day that he put the ball into Freel's glove. The more I rewound it and watched it the more noticeable it was.
    I noticed it the first time I watched it on ESPN News

i noticed it too and laughed really hard.. it was a big play b/c it wouldve been an HR had he not

Sorry freel had the ball in his glove UNTIL he laid there.. through the 360 spin, and the landing it was in his glove.. in my opinion no matter what norris did, it was a catch..

Believer since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    Sorry freel had the ball in his glove UNTIL he laid there.. through the 360 spin, and the landing it was in his glove.. in my opinion no matter what norris did, it was a catch..
    I just watched the replay again on ESPN, Hopper absolutely placed the ball back in his glove. If the Ump would have walked out and saw the ball on the ground, he would have been ruled safe. But dont let the facts stand in the way of you making your argument.
    Bowman Card Collector

The rule is that a catch includes a voluntary release of the ball. It does not matter how long someone has the ball, just that they control and then release the ball. In this case of course he did not catch it because if he was indeed unconsious he involunarily released the ball.

I was at the game too in the front row in left center. From my angle it looked like Hopper caught the ball. Couldn't see any of that from where we were sitting.

Ya can't teach speed...

Call me a kill-joy but its also cheating. Not sure I'm ready to pat Norris on the back for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    That is so scrappy.

Turn Off Ads?