Turn Off Ads?

Thread: BJ Syzmanski named FSL Player of the Week

BJ Syzmanski named FSL Player of the Week

Florida State League
    Brandon Syzmanski, Sarasota

.435 (10-23), 7 R, 0 2B, 1 3B, 3 HR, 9 RBI, 2 BB, 6 SO, 0 SB, .913 SLG
    Nothing has been easy for Syzmanski since making his pro debut in 2004. After injuries derailed his progress for much of his first two seasons, the center fielder led the Minors in strikeouts last year with 191. This year looked to be much of the same, as Syzmanski was hitting a paltry .205 on May 19. However, his luck may be changing after an unexpected offensive explosion last week in which his average skyrocketed to .239. A two-run triple in the second inning and a two-run blast in the fourth, which helped Sarasota grab a 7-4 victory over Daytona Tuesday, highlighted one of his best weeks as a pro.

LINK

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: BJ Syzmanski named FSL Player of the Week

Another eye exam???
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

What is:

Things you never would have guessed?

I like the line about his batting average "skyrocketing" to .239

Nice thing for BJ, if his major league dreams are indeed a mear flicker at this point, at least he's got that princeton degree in his back pocket. Something tells me he'll land on his feet alright if baseball doesn't work out.

Love seeing "honors" bestowed on REDS' players. Special players tend to get them more than average Joes.

I'm not ready to write him off just yet. I have changed my tune on who is not a projecable prospect due to Dickerson's improved performance and the fact that curtis flat out can steal runs in CF. I view Dickerson as a Gary Petis with more stroke and as far as Syzmanski he could be the kind of prospect you write off and watch him come back to bite you in the (_!_)
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

last i checked he was hitting like .326 as a righty and .202 as a lefty. i wonder if he is considering switching to right-handed full-time...

Turn Off Ads?