Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hamilton's Louisville debut

Re: Hamilton's Louisville debut

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Supposed to be here the whole series. I just ordered 2 more tix for monday as well Where are you at in NC?
    I live in Raleigh but I work in Chapel Hill. I'd love to go to Monday's game, but can't take the time off.

I've been keeping up with Hamilton this year, and as a result have developed a liking for your team. I'm actually a Braves fan so I hope I'm welcome here. I'm sorry you guys are having a tough year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Is Hamilton's mentor/chaperon, Johnny Naron, with him in Louisville?

Josh's wild AAA stat line after 2: .375/.375/1.500 for an OPS of 1.875! (Small sample size, lol)
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Is Hamilton's mentor/chaperon, Johnny Naron, with him in Louisville?

Josh's wild AAA stat line after 2: .375/.375/1.500 for an OPS of 1.875! (Small sample size, lol)
    Looks like it!

Johnny Narron is with Josh Hamilton on his minor league rehab in Charlotte. Is that baseball-related or off-the-field?

"Both," Jerry Narron said. "But it's no big deal."

Johnny Narron is the major league video/administrative coach, but the Reds have made no secret of the his role with Hamilton. The Reds do have another video guy, Jeff Graupe, who travels with the team. Johnny Narron will be with the Louisville club until Hamilton returns to the big leagues.
    link

This Hamilton kid....I haven't heard much about him, but I'm starting to think he could be a decent player.

Chad D
    Redleg Nation: A Cincinnati Reds Blog, Fan Community, and Therapy Group

Quote Originally Posted by hyena View Post
    I live in Raleigh but I work in Chapel Hill. I'd love to go to Monday's game, but can't take the time off.

I've been keeping up with Hamilton this year, and as a result have developed a liking for your team. I'm actually a Braves fan so I hope I'm welcome here. I'm sorry you guys are having a tough year.
    Sorry you live in Raleigh J/K of course, I found my wife in that traffic jam they call a city, married her, and brought her to my neck of the woods Are you a State fan, living in Raleigh? I live a few miles outside of CH, and work in Carrboro. Of course your welcome here, as long as you leave the bad mouthing of our team to us Did you go to Bulls games when they were with the Braves?

Hamilton quickly back in the swing
    Has three homers in two games for Bats

HOUSTON -- Johnny Narron, the major-league video/administrative coach, is with Josh Hamilton on Hamilton's stint with Triple-A Louisville.

It must have helped make Hamilton feel right at home in his native North Carolina.

Hamilton, who hit the first pitch he saw for a home run against Charlotte Tuesday night, hit home runs in his first two at-bats in Wednesday's 13-6 victory over Charlotte.
    ADVERTISEMENT
    Click Here Click Here! Click Here!

He finished 2-for-5 and is hitting .375 in two games.

Hamilton is eligible to come off the disabled list Sunday. The Reds originally had planned for him to join the club in St. Louis Tuesday after Monday's off day.

Will the fact that Ryan Freel was placed on the DL affect that decision?

"He's eligible to come off Sunday," manager Jerry Narron said.

Johnny Narron will remain with the Bats as long as Hamilton does. Hamilton has had his well-documented problems off the field, and the Reds have been up-front about Narron's role in helping Hamilton both with baseball and away from the game.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Sorry you live in Raleigh J/K of course, I found my wife in that traffic jam they call a city, married her, and brought her to my neck of the woods Are you a State fan, living in Raleigh? I live a few miles outside of CH, and work in Carrboro. Of course your welcome here, as long as you leave the bad mouthing of our team to us Did you go to Bulls games when they were with the Braves?
    Yeah, I'm a State fan -- I graduated from there! Unfortunately I didn't start going to Bulls games until I moved here for school and by then they were Tampa's affiliate.

I'm really looking forward to the game tonight -- only lawn seats are left. Also, I plan on taking photos so if I get some good ones I'll post them.

Welcome Home Josh, See ya this weekend.

Im not going to make tonights game, but will be there all weekend, and have Monday night tix, but am betting he will already be on his way to St Louis by then.

Here's a story from the Raleigh paper about Hamilton:
    N&O

He got a great reception at the game last night. He also signed for as many people as he could until the game was about to start...I'd estimate about 50-60 people.

1-4 last night with a double. 2-5 tonight with another HR.

Here are a couple pics

Wow I just can't believe that they are'nt going to bring Hamilton back up tomorrow.They will be facing a right handed pitcher and they could throw him right into the lineup.The reds are disperate for wins exspecially since there in last place and can't win 4 games in a role.:thumbdown
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

If Griffey continues his tear and then Hamilton picks up where he left off and we can get some good starting pitching (like of late), maybe we can back in this thing. It appears others in the lineup are starting to come around too.

Hamilton and the Bats

I was at Saturdays game in Durham, and got to meet Hamilton and his mom before the game. He was by far one of the nicer current players I have met, he was very polite to everyone, enthusiastic, obvious to be having fun and appreciates his second chance in the game, as well as life. He signed a couple balls as well as a bobblehead from the Bulls a few years back, and posed for a picture with me. His first at bat, he absolutly crushed the first pitch he saw, and the place went cray, good for him to get a chance to have a homecoming here in Durham. It was also awesome for me, a lifelong Reds fan, to see SOOOOO many Reds hats and jerseys at an opponents stadium, here in NC-I NEVER meet Reds fans around here!!!
    I also got Votto's autograph, although he was not as friendly as Hamilton-but that may be due to the couple of obnoxious "fans" who were camped out by the dugout with stacks of cards, trying to get players to sign handfuls at a time-they cost me a Sarloos auto when he got pissed at them getting so many, he stopped signing and walked away.
    I got some good pics (I hope) of Bailey warming up, and Josh in the outfield, as well as a few other shots, I will try and post em up here in a lil while....

Re: Hamilton and the Bats

OK, obviously either pointless or boring post on my part, sorry Anyway, I am off to the Bats game again, great day for an afternoon game

Re: Hamilton and the Bats

Thanks for the report. I noticed at one of the games at Wrigley how he was having fun talking to fans as well. Hopefully that autograph keeps going up in value.

Turn Off Ads?