Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Astros Game 1 Thoughts

Astros Game 1 Thoughts

W 2-1

Great outing by Matt Belisle. 7.2 IP, 1 R, W
    Stormy made it interesting, but got the save.
    Dunn with a sac fly.
    Hatte with the GW RBI.
    Gonzalez stubleded on the DP, but turned it.

2 Ws in a row, and a good pitching matchup tomorrow. A winning streak maybe?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: Astros Game 1 Thoughts

I'll take an ugly win every time from here on out if I have to.

Weathers definitely has a thing for making me sweat bullets when he's closing games out

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Weathers definitely has a thing for making me sweat bullets when he's closing games out
    Phillips didn't exactly help him though. I can't be too tough on Weathers. He's done a pretty good job considering he is being used in a role that is not suited for him.

Forgot to mention Norris Hopper. 3-4 tonight. Nice job filling in for Freel..

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Yeah, that air-tight defense up the middle certainy looked sure-handed in the ninth inning. Granted that was a tough play for BP, but I expect him to make it. Gonzales shoud have turned that without batting an eye. I don't blame Stormy for anyone's sweat bullets tonight.

Weathers pitched around Loretta to get the force. I thought he pitched wisely to Berkman given his dominance of Reds pitching, although a walk was not really the desired outcome. Weathers "called his shot" before delivering ihs first pitch to Lee. You could see him mouthing "Double play. Double play." Maybe he was praying...
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    He even misplayed a ball by being overaggressive and got caught stealing, you'da thunk it was Ryan out there

David Weathers better send me a damn check for the blood pressure pills I'll inevitably have to start taking every time he enters a game.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I'm starting to like this kid, although these guys playing CF need to be a little more careful when deciding to dive for flyballs. When a CF decides to dive for a ball he's coming in on, he better be darn sure he's going to get it, especially with runners on base. Glad he didn't give up and got back quick enough to throw out the runner at home, but if he had held up and caught it on the hop the runner would not have scored.

He even misplayed a ball by being overaggressive and got caught stealing, you'da thunk it was Ryan out there
    We should make that our new thing. We don't have a SS legacy anymore. We could have a "journeyman-OF-turned-hustler-utilityman" legacy. That is, if N-Hop can start strollin' as much as Freel does (uh...BB that is.)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Glad he didn't give up and got back quick enough to throw out the runner at home, but if he had held up and caught it on the hop the runner would not have scored.
    I take that back, Biggio was on second so he probably would have scored anyway. But it doesn't change the fact that Hopper has to be more selective when diving for balls coming in while playing CF.

I thought it was a hit and run that Hatt messed up on?

I didn't get caught stealing, Hatteberg was supposed to hit the ball for a hit and run. That's why I was looking towards Hatte while running.

Oh well, he made up for it a few pitches later.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I thought it was a hit and run that Hatt messed up on?
    I didn't see the play, but I was being sarcastic anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I didn't get caught stealing, Hatteberg was supposed to hit the ball for a hit and run. That's why I was looking towards Hatte while running.

Oh well, he made up for it a few pitches later.
    Is this cheesy routine run it's course by you yet ?
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Schnickelfritz

It was the defense that closed the game, not Weathers.

Turn Off Ads?