Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Lincecum opens up eyes at Giants camp

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: Lincecum opens up eyes at Giants camp

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds View Post
    Ouch. I really liked Bard coming out of UNC. Didn't he slip a bit in the draft that year?
    The rumor was it was a signing issue - no one wanted to shell out the cash. But maybe some clubs really did see something in him. I know a few around here thought he was a strawman.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    I wanted Licecum also but I am wise enough to research and realize his violent delivery was a major red flag for many teams. With the Red's past history are you the genius that was going to step up and take that risk? Just another question directed just at you ok? What was your thoughts on the selection of Homer Bailey ?
    Honestly? I wanted Jared Weaver. I was sour on HS arms that had flamed out or just not signed (Howington, Gruler, Sowers)
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

BTW, I am happy to start my meal of crow if Stubbs continues to hit like he has this month. That is if Lincecum does poorly in his second outing.

We'll see alot tonight about Lincecum. I understand the reasons to not take a kid that throws so strangely due to injuries. Stubbs is still a top 100 prospect by about every pub which means most in the know think that he will be a solid contributor. You couldn't have predicted Josh Hamilton at this time last year so I get the pick. It looks like we could possibly have one guy in the out field with 4 tools and 2 guys in the outfield with 5 tools in 2-3 years. How can you argue with that? I can live w/o a high batting average if his OPS is good. Dunn is a part of alot of runs and will never hit for average.

Lincecum gets his first ML win in Colorado . . .

His line is 7IP 3R (2ER) 1BB 6K 112P (75K/37BB)

Good start in a tough pitcher's park.

Lincecum gave up his 3rd homerun last night.

Lincecum tonight so far vs Houston: 7 IP, 2 hits, 1 run, 1 BB, 10 Ks.

Nice.

Newsflash: Tim Lincecum is not on the Reds. Stop bringing up this stupid thread everytime he pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Redleg View Post
    Newsflash: Tim Lincecum is not on the Reds. Stop bringing up this stupid thread everytime he pitches.
    Really - Even though he isn't on the Reds... some people enjoy watching rookies come out of their shell and welcome their self to the big leagues... So far he is looking good... Never know who is going to be the next Maddux, Glavin, Clemens...
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    Really - Even though he isn't on the Reds... some people enjoy watching rookies come out of their shell and welcome their self to the big leagues... So far he is looking good... Never know who is going to be the next Maddux, Glavin, Clemens...
    That's fine if you like watching young players - so do I. I love it when new young stars emerge. It makes for a much more interesting league. Plus that might get more people watching baseball again. But that's not how some of the people on this board look at Lincecum. Some people use his success to bash Stubbs and the Reds front office. I don't know how other people on this board feel about that, but it pisses me off a little bit.

That's fine if you like watching young players - so do I. I love it when new young stars emerge. It makes for a much more interesting league. Plus that might get more people watching baseball again. But that's not how some of the people on this board look at Lincecum. Some people use his success to bash Stubbs and the Reds front office. I don't know how other people on this board feel about that, but it pisses me off a little bit.
    It happens in every major sport.... Lets enjoy his starts... and thank god we only have to face him at the max 2 times a year.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

I agree that the Lincecum v. Stubbs debate gets played out on this board a lot. Yeah I would like Lincecum in this organization but I understand why the Reds passed on him. As good as Lincecum could be there will always be the looming threat of injury. His delivery is the definition of "violent motion." I hope that doesnt happen cause I like watching him pitch (and he's on my fantasy team) but I wont hold it against the Reds or Krivsky if he turns out to be a better big leaguer than stubbs. That doesnt upset me. If Brendan Harris keeps up his year now that upsets me.

Sorry Drew.

You've only been on the board for a month and you are this salty already? I can't wait to see you in a few more months.

Anything else you want to tell us to post. Any rules or guidelines you've come up with would be helpful. The fact is, the Reds had a shot at Lincecum, and for an organization that has been historically deficient in developing pitching, to see them pass on a guy like him irks some of us. Meanwhile Stubbs is FINALLY starting to hit. He finally has his OPS over .800. BUT this is his scond year in the org. that he's battling some kind of injury. And this one will require surgery in the offseason. He's a far cry offensively from the previous year's #1 pick (Jay Bruce). Bruce could be up with the Reds next year. Stubbs timetable at this point is uncertain. And Lincecum just K'd 10 Astros.

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by DntKnw View Post
    Lincecum gets his first ML win in Colorado . . .

His line is 7IP 3R (2ER) 1BB 6K 112P (75K/37BB)

Good start in a tough pitcher's park.
    If he was on the Reds and Narron let him throw that many pitches, there would be an angry mob storming GABP.

Turn Off Ads?