Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Lincecum opens up eyes at Giants camp

Re: Lincecum opens up eyes at Giants camp

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    I find it funny, that the Lincecum fans are now quite possibly regreting the firing of Dan O'brien so soon considering Krivsky's problems..................
    I sincerely doubt that.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I sincerely doubt that.
    I don't know, I have read a few posts "lamenting" in his firing without letting him finish out his contract so he could get another draft and Cast could find a better man.

Times are rough for Wayne.

Lincecum opens up eyes at Giants camp

I have often said that the decision to draft Gruler over Kazmir was a major set back for the Reds. Last night, I got to see Tim Lincecum pitch in person. He is a bit small so when he throws 97 mph fastballs it may require more effort than a bigger pitcher. But the guy has electric stuff.

This is not an anti-Stubbs post, I hope he turns out to be a good player. But he is in low A ball, not hitting a ton, while Lincecum is pitching well in the NL, and looks like a star.

I'm sure this has been mentioned in prior posts, but the decision to pass on Lincecum may have been a major FO gaffe.

Re: Not drafting Lincecum

Did you know we landed on the moon?
    Go BLUE!!!

Kc, you might want to work through this thread:
    Last edited by Red Leader; 05-30-2007 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Link to this thread from another

Saw Lincecum live last night. Hard to justify not taking him in the last draft. Electric stuff, high 90's fastball, good off-speed. You can criticize his mechanics all you want, but Stubbs is in low A ball hitting .275.

If Lincecum is handled properly, despite his height, he seems like a high-end talent, one that got away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Saw Lincecum live last night. Hard to justify not taking him in the last draft. Electric stuff, high 90's fastball, good off-speed. You can criticize his mechanics all you want, but Stubbs is in low A ball hitting .275.

If Lincecum is handled properly, despite his height, he seems like a high-end talent, one that got away.
    I was at Shea as well last night. He was impressive, and I think he struggled getting his breaking stuff over in the later innings. But he's got a scary delivery that makes me think that that arm will fall off on any given pitch. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him in a Reds uni...but he's not.

I think this thread could be expanded based on the Gruler/Kazmir part of it.

In the last 6 years, how many times did the Reds make a pick in the first round that got a collective <groan> from Redszone? Punting on Sowers instead of either signing him or anyone for that matter. The ridiculous contracts handed to David Espinoza and Dane Sardihna. I know we can go back further, Jeter, Garciaparra, Berkman, but let's look at recent history in the first round. Just how far back have the four GM's (JimBo, DanO, Kriv and the interims) set this organization. Which GM was an asset in this area?

And where would the Reds be RIGHT NOW had the Redszone pick been taken?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I agree that this conversation could be linked to the other thread. Not blaming you in any way for starting a new one, Kc61, but I'm going to merge your thread into that existing thread for further conversation to continue on that one. That way we have all Lincecum-related discussion in one thread.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    I agree that this conversation could be linked to the other thread. Not blaming you in any way for starting a new one, Kc61, but I'm going to merge your thread into that existing thread for further conversation to continue on that one. That way we have all Lincecum-related discussion in one thread.
    Thank you. Good idea.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Can you imagine right now a rotation of Kazmir, Lincecum, Bailey, Arroyo & Harang?

It makes the mind boggle. I can tell you the Reds would likely won the division with Kazmir in the rotation and Lincecum in the pen last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Can you imagine right now a rotation Hamels, Lincecum, Bailey, Arroyo & Harang?

It makes the mind boggle. I can tell you the Reds would likely won the division with Hamels in the rotation and Lincecum in the pen last year.
    There, I fixed it for you. Hamels has been more impressive than Kazmir and my cyber-pick in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Can you imagine right now a rotation of Kazmir, Lincecum, Bailey, Arroyo & Harang?

It makes the mind boggle. I can tell you the Reds would likely won the division with Kazmir in the rotation and Lincecum in the pen last year.
    Since seeing Lincecum pitch yesterday, I've really wondered about this. Was Lincecum a surprise? So I went back and read the scouting reports on Lincecum from last year. Great fastball, great curve, improving change up, has a slider. Unusual mechanics, but never missed a game in college. Obviously a terrific prospect.

When the Giants come to town, I hope somebody questions Krivsky about this. With Kazmir and Lincecum, the Reds are a very different team right now.

Two bad outings in a row for Lincecum. Has the league caught up to him, or is it all the 100+ pitch outings to start his career?

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Two bad outings in a row for Lincecum. Has the league caught up to him, or is it all the 100+ pitch outings to start his career?
    He's been out of colege ball for about a year...he's gonna take some lumps when he's already in the show.

Turn Off Ads?