Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dunn trade idea

Dunn trade idea

Im not sure that I am sold on tradind Adam Dunn. But if we are going to trade him I would first want a package of Kemp and Billingsley from the Dodgers but that probably wont happen, but what about Jennings and Lidge from the astros. We would probably have to send something back with dunn to make that deal happen but I think its a possiblity. Astros may be looking to dump payroll not add it but they might make an exception to bring dunn back to houston. Like I say im not sold on trading dunn but with astros looking to trade jennings and lidge (per mlbtraderumors) it seemed like something worth discussing.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Dunn trade idea

I'm against trading all-star caliber guys for average bullpen help. It didn't work out with the Washington trade and I doubt it'll work for Dunn.

If anything we shouldve traded Kearns, Lopez, Wagner for Cordero and Bray

I was thinking about a possible Dunn deal to the Stros the other day. However, I quickly realized that they already have Lee manning Left Field. I seriously doubt the Stros would want two big boys roaming their outfields. However, a Berkman, Lee, Dunn middle of the order would be quite ridiculous.

I see Dunn being the piece of the trading puzzle that Wayne covets over all other players. I can see him holding out on Dunn until he is sure he has the best possible deal. Probably, something that happens real close to the trade deadline when teams get desperate. After last season's fiasco trade, I highly doubt Krivsky trades Dunn if there is even a remote shot he will get fleeced.

Roster glue

Lidge is a good pitcher, but will be expensive, and Jennings is an unrestricted free agent after this season. Jennings also has a gimpy elbow, and though he has had success in hitters' parks before, I think he is an average pitcher...one I would not be giving 4 years and 40 million, which is what he will make on the open market.

Now, it could be an interesting gambit to try and get the comp picks for both of these guys by offering them arbitration for 2008, but why not just keep Dunn instead of facing an exploding cigar?

Turn Off Ads?