Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quality of Posts in the Sun Deck

Re: Quality of Posts in the Sun Deck

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioballplayer View Post
    No offense guys, and I have been on here for a while, it seems that if you dont have those so-called rep points that you were placed in this forum, so be it. I'd rather be with a better class of losers so to speak, than to look up the noses of the posters in the other forum, we offer insight and opinions, and yes humor, one-liners so to speak, thats what makes us human beings.

I am glad to be on the sundeck where it is quite WARMER, but, I dont think that The old Red guard posters should be allowed to infiltrate the Sun deck with their colored comments or their over valued opinions.

Just call us the rebels, where we offer fair remarks even if they are not Old Red Guard politically correct!!!!

Yea... kinda feels like high school, all over again, when I was deemed unworthy to attend the cool parties. And I guess like back then, I will just work hard to make the parties I got to go to twice as fun as the cool kids'.

Addendum to that story: I had more hair and a way hotter wife than all those cool kids at our 15th reunion. WaPOW.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Karma is grand!!!!
    Bowled 9 300 games, semi-retired!

Nothing like bowling a 300 game

Actually I was going to comment on the fact that the "quality" of the posts here on the Sundeck seems to have gone up.

You may disagree that a certain topic is worthy of it's own thread, but at least the topics that are around stay generally flame-free, or at least the ones I've been reading have. I wonder why that is?

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    I agree, there are bad posts in the Sun Deck. There are also bad threads on page 1 of ORG right now (see, e.g., Jr. commercials, Babe Ruth/women and the same thread three times in rage/waiting/can't take it). And because the board is split in 2, good posts have to work twice as hard to knock out the bad posts. Imagine how long (not long at all) a stupid thread would last on a combined board, as the good threads continued to generate response after response while poor threads got no response and sunk to the bottom. But with the board split as it is, the site owners have guaranteed any thread, no matter how little merit, nearly two full days of page 1 attention (note that the bottom thread on ORG goes back to 5/28, Sun Deck post goes back to 5/29).
    Two current threads in ORG emphasize the point I was trying to make here. In two cases there are ORG threads created to talk about Sun Deck threads (this happens in reverse as well). And the two groups/classes of people can't discuss with one another. The ORG poster starts a thread to ask a question he can't post in the Sun Deck but the author of the Sun Deck post can't respond in ORG. Seems so silly and counter-productive, with due respect to the site owners, as I've said on numerous occasions.

With many posters and a little bit of moderation, I am convinced that worthwhile threads will be replied to and thus stay up while bad threads go off the first page. Unfortunately the two tier system frustrates peoples ability to have those type of conversations (as I've described above) and gives weak threads longer play by cutting in half the number of posts in a particular forum (increasing the time it takes to move a bad thread off the first page).

I blame Adam Dunn for all this!

Hatteberg is Sean Casey

Man I feel like I am eating at the kids table at Thanksgiving to begin with and then it turns out we are not even doing that right. We will just never be able to eat at the "adult" table or post meaningful threads such as caption contests and well thought out thread titles such as "Javy" and "Buerhle."

I agree with a previous poster, it is obvious we need to split up into more cliques like in high school. :thumbdown
    "YES! He rips it. Is it high enough? It's gonna be gone! Adam Dunn has done it again. Big #44 can take all day to round the bases here, thats done and gone- lookout dunner they're waitin for ya at home plate." - George Grand

"Did that just happen?" - Chris Welsch

I wonder if all this is a result of seperating the two forums. We have all the new and inexperienced posters in The Sun Deck, and all the good and experienced posters in The Old Red Guard. We will need to develop our posting skills in The Sun Deck before we learn to be good enough at The Old Red Guard. Unfortunately, it is possible that some of our posters may not be interested in improving their posting skills, and just want to post whatever they feel without reflecting on the thread before they post. I have been guilty of this myself in the past, and have made plenty of my own bad threads. I will try to do better in the future, however, and I hope the rest of the Sun Deck posters will follow my example.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    We will need to develop our posting skills in The Sun Deck before we learn to be good enough at The Old Red Guard.
    If you want to get in good with the ORG, here is a starter kit:

1) Adam Dunn is awesome
    2) Marty Brennaman sux
    3) Batting average is bunk
    4) If someone doesn't agree with you, bury them with stats that seem to prove your point.

I love it how the big complaint, which started the change, was the game threads. The game threads, if anything, have gotten worse now that Sun Deckers cannot quote on it. It is basically become the more famous posters sitting around their own computer making comments about the game without actually giving a play by play. It's pretty obvious all the mods wanted was for less people to show up at their game thread party.

I would like to join The Old red Guard,yes. I am sure you were being a bit sarcastic and ironic, but I am interested in making good posts and making good points regardless of the forum. I think all of us should do the same regardless of which forum we are in.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    I love it how the big complaint, which started the change, was the game threads. The game threads, if anything, have gotten worse now that Sun Deckers cannot quote on it. It is basically become the more famous posters sitting around their own computer making comments about the game without actually giving a play by play. It's pretty obvious all the mods wanted was for less people to show up at their game thread party.
    Just a thought...why can't we just start a thread while a game is on and use it to comment on the game...a game thread in the Sun Deck forum? or will the mods delete it?
    Hey Marty, This is Adam from Milwaukee...

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I wonder if all this is a result of seperating the two forums. We have all the new and inexperienced posters in The Sun Deck, and all the good and experienced posters in The Old Red Guard. We will need to develop our posting skills in The Sun Deck before we learn to be good enough at The Old Red Guard. Unfortunately, it is possible that some of our posters may not be interested in improving their posting skills, and just want to post whatever they feel without reflecting on the thread before they post. I have been guilty of this myself in the past, and have made plenty of my own bad threads. I will try to do better in the future, however, and I hope the rest of the Sun Deck posters will follow my example.
    I think its interesting that everyone not in the Red Guard club immediately assume its better. It may be composed of the higher and mightier members who have a ton of posts, and have been around for a while..but does that mean that they are any better? If the Red Guardians really want to have their own little club, who cares that their "Quality of Posts" is apparently through the roof and the Sun Decker's aren't? Personally, I don't want to have to do research to paste in a big telling statistic every time I submit a response just to make sure my Quality is acceptable. Its kind of nice to jump on, read a few comments on a Reds current event and if you have something to add..then be able to add.

My 2 cents. I'm perfectly fine with this split. Anything beats the Reds.com forum.
    Hey Marty, This is Adam from Milwaukee...

I want to blame Juan Castro, but I'm sure that would not be considered a good post.

Quote Originally Posted by bradmu View Post
    Red Guardians

Quote Originally Posted by bradmu View Post
    Just a thought...why can't we just start a thread while a game is on and use it to comment on the game...a game thread in the Sun Deck forum? or will the mods delete it?
    It would be locked yes. No we aren't monsters. It's not an 'us vs you' thing. There is nothing personal about any of it. Just trying to keep RZ as the best Reds site and not have it end up like Reds.com or Cincinnati.com.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Turn Off Ads?