Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Draft Wishlist

2007 Draft Wishlist

The draft is just around the corner so I'm interested to hear everyone's Reds wishlist for their first pick. It's a little bit harder to create a real wishlist since the Reds are picking at #15 but here's mine.

1. Andrew Brackman
    2. Matt Wienters
    3. Matt Dominguez
    4. Matt LaPorta

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2007 Draft Wishlist

1. Mike Moustakas (first)
    2. Tim Alderson (compensation)
    3. Justin Jackson (compensation)
    4. Tyler Henley (later round)
    Last edited by AdamDunn; 05-30-2007 at 05:53 PM. Reason: screwed up

Obviously I would love to have Matt Wieters, but I just don't see him falling to the Reds at No. 15.

Jason Heyward is my number one guy if he is available at number 15. His plate discipline is supposedy advanced beyong his year, plus he has enormous power potential. Scouts compare him to Fred McGriff. My dream is the Reds can grab Heyward and at No. 15 and then Kevin Ahrens at No. 34.

LaPorta. Impact bat who could be ready for the majors the day after the draft. Sure, the Reds have Votto, but he can act as a nice trading piece over the winter.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Matt Dominguez.

I would take Votto over LaPorta.

My feeling is it will be a arm with all the bat stuff just smoke. Though if Dominguez can play 3rd well down the road, it could be him.

I'd love to see Andrew Brackmen, as I saw him in the halls of Moeller High when I was a freshman.

Matt Dominguez, unless the impossible happens and Wieters falls all the way down to us.

I'd like to see LaPorta picked to get some power in the system. Worry about finding him and Votto playing spots later down the road.

Are there any real SS prospects that would be either 1st round or Sandwich round worthy?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Are there any real SS prospects that would be either 1st round or Sandwich round worthy?
    A couple of high school kids could be late 1st rounders or sandwich picks.

Pete Kozma, Sr, Owasso H.S. Oklahoma. Has scholarship to Witchita St.

Justin Jackson, Sr, Roberson H.S. NC.

No real standouts, though. No A-Rods, Tejadas, or Jeters that I've heard of.

I'd rather the Reds pick up someone in the later rounds. They'll likely have just as many ?'s and will be cheaper.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I want Heyward or Dominguez at 15.

Brackman will probably be available at 15, but that one seems a bit too risky. Maybe he falls to 34?

Today, in no particular order...

Brackman
    Heyward
    Laporta
    Detwiler
    Aumont

I'd like to see a catcher taken with one of their supplemental picks or their 2nd rounder.

BA Draft tracker was updated today, with a HS catcher shooting up the rankings. Tell me this guy doesn't sound right up the Reds' alley. I just wish his name was Phil.

16. Devin Mesoraco, c, Punxsutawney (Pa.) HS (30)
    The more players who slide out of the top 10 picks based on signability, the better for Mesoraco, who has asserted himself as a first rounder who was expected to sign quickly for slot money anywhere in the first 30 picks. "He, like Mills, could go in in the top 15 picks, and maybe a plan B as high as nine or 10," an AL scouting director said.

Ugh. I obviously wouldn't mind getting a young catcher, but drafting a signability guy stinks to me, and sounds exactly like something this organization might be tempted to do.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?