Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NL Central - worst division in modern history?

Re: NL Central - worst division in modern history?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I can think of one.

I always thought it was because God doesn't like Cubs fans!?!
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: the NL Central...it sure ain't good.

Thankfully.

The Cardinals and Astros falling apart has certainly taken the steam out of the division. The Cubs continue to invent ways to lose so they don't seem to be much of a threat. My take is they squandered what could have been a winning two months and now they'll settle into being a bad team.

Albert Pujols is beginning to stir. My guess is Scott Rolen will perk up as well. Though the Birds still need another OF bat and one in the middle IF too (Adam Kennedy isn't doing the trick) and Dave Duncan's got to get the starting pitching to some semblance of respectability.

The Pirates and Reds are self-eliminating.

The Brewers, literally just went through the toughest portion of their schedule - at the Mets, at Philly, home against the Twins, at the Dodgers, at San Diego, home against Atlanta. Yet 26 of their next 35 are against weak sister clubs. They should be at least 49-39 come the All-Star break. If they take advantage of this stretch it's entirely possible they'll be sitting on a 10-game lead over second place in the division.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Turn Off Ads?