Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OOTP Players

OOTP Players

Just wondering how many people play OOTP regularly. I am a very passionate player myself. Looking to see who, if anyone, would be interested in playing in a league of redszone members.

I know this was tried once before but that was a couple of years ago; the site is much bigger now.

Just post below if your interested.

Also let me know how you normally play the game and how you would want this league to go (historical, current, fictional, etc)

Finally, if you are interested in helping with this PM or email

EDIT: In reality you would not need to own the game to play..you would have to send me lineups and such periodically but will have a slight scouting disadvantageadde. So if you want to give it a shot let me post below
    Last edited by It8ifyifitsgrif; 05-30-2007 at 07:46 PM. Reason: addedd info for those who don't own the game
    Larkin is a First-Ballot HOFer in my book...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: OOTP Players

I used to be in a couple of leagues . I havent bothered to buy the last 2 versions of the game .

Okay, I'll be the first to ask: What is OOTP?

Go Gators!

What version of the game are you using? I'm assuming you'd be using 2007, but just wanted to ask ...

I'm still on version 6.5 and currently help run a 6.5 league that was born in March, 2003 (three other RZ members are in the league too). We're in our 18th season now and have been going for four real years straight now with the league. At one point during various versions of OOTP 5, OOTP 6 and OOTP 6.5, I was in several online leagues, but this one particular league is the only one I've been in for the last nine months or so.

Anyway, if you'd be using 6.5, I'd think about it. My preference for a league type would be either a fictional or a historical; I never could stand current day real player leagues because half the owners would lose interest after about five seasons when fictional players would begin appearing in the league.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    What version of the game are you using? I'm assuming you'd be using 2007, but just wanted to ask ...

I'm still on version 6.5 and currently help run a 6.5 league that was born in March, 2003 (three other RZ members are in the league too). We're in our 18th season now and have been going for four real years straight now with the league. At one point during various versions of OOTP 5, OOTP 6 and OOTP 6.5, I was in several online leagues, but this one particular league is the only one I've been in for the last nine months or so.

Anyway, if you'd be using 6.5, I'd think about it. My preference for a league type would be either a fictional or a historical; I never could stand current day real player leagues because half the owners would lose interest after about five seasons when fictional players would begin appearing in the league.
    I am also in a league with several RedsZone members.

Time is the Revelator.

Play every day. Not sure if I have the time to commit to a league right now though.

Yes cyclone..I have 2007, but every thing will import for me, so it doesn't matter.

Cyclone792 and StillFunkyB..do you have spots open in your league?

Whats the setup and sim schedule?

Just looking to get into a league that is active and fast paced

I was wanting to do something similiar to what was done here before:

A league of 10-12 guys and use a database of just current and former reds players that we would draft...would start with about 300 players and then incorporate others in a draft as seasons progress.

Remember you would not have to own the game to participate

Quote Originally Posted by It8ifyifitsgrif View Post
    Yes cyclone..I have 2007, but every thing will import for me, so it doesn't matter.

Cyclone792 and StillFunkyB..do you have spots open in your league?

Whats the setup and sim schedule?

Just looking to get into a league that is active and fast paced
    I wasn't aware that 6.5 and 2007 were compatible with the league file and imports/exports. I'm fairly certain that 6.5 league files could be imported into 2007 permanently, but that was it. I haven't heard any way I could access a 2007 league file with 6.5.

As far as the league I'm in, we use 6.5 and have required the game, either version 6.12 or 6.5. We very rarely have owner turnover, and we've only had two new owners in the last four or five seasons, and both those owners were actually former owners who left and decided to come back.

Our sim schedule is Sun/Tues/Thurs sims with each sim consisting of seven days each. After the trade deadline each season, we oftentimes add a Friday night sim for the rest of the regular season (helps speed things along so owners can get back to making trades).
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

ok thanks for the info. I would be interested in a spot if it ever opens up.

Would u be interested in a lg with the structure listed above??

just looking for 10-12 owners

I would love to learn how to play the game, I dunno if I can buy the game though. I would still love to learn how to play.
    Let's make some noise!

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I've got 2007. It has my interest more than any version before. I've been entertaining joining a league, so I might be interested. But only a top notch league interests me.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    I am also in a league with several RedsZone members.
    Shhhhh!

Is OOTP a good game to buy? I have Eastside Hockey Manager and my GF hates me now. I have debated on buying OOTP 07.

Turn Off Ads?