Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Message to all the hand wringers

Message to all the hand wringers

The Reds are only 8.5 games back and its not even June...We are going to win the Central...that is all!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Message to all the hand wringers

Well the Reds have done their best to keep themselves out of the race, but the suckfest that is the NL Central has dragged them back into it. Either way I'd love to see the Reds make a run and win 8 out of 10 and at least make it interesting like they did last year.

When your starting pitchers throw 25.2 innings in 3 games your bullpen doesn't have much of a chance to screw it up for you. So that's the answer for this team, pitching pitching pitching. They get it, they'll be competitive they don't get it, well we've seen how that goes.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

First of all, RazorShines, your message tag is downright fantastic. Loves me some Bottlerocket.

Secondly, doesn't it kind of upset you that the crumminess of the Central will almost give us false hope (and a blurred plan) up til the trade deadline?

If we stink and can't compete, I'd like to know that, so we can make those crucial moves that put a team over the top the next season(s). But if we're better than our record, can't we get back in it and quick so we know where we stand?

In any other division, it would be apparent what we are. But here in the Central, we'll be stuck in the perfect shade of grey.

I want to win, of course. But if it's not in the cards this year, then I want to go get some quality talent to get us there next year. Nothing would be worse than hanging around all year, not making a move one way or the other, and then finishing in 4th with nothing to show for it.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    First of all, RazorShines, your message tag is downright fantastic. Loves me some Bottlerocket.

Secondly, doesn't it kind of upset you that the crumminess of the Central will almost give us false hope (and a blurred plan) up til the trade deadline?

If we stink and can't compete, I'd like to know that, so we can make those crucial moves that put a team over the top the next season(s). But if we're better than our record, can't we get back in it and quick so we know where we stand?

In any other division, it would be apparent what we are. But here in the Central, we'll be stuck in the perfect shade of grey.

I want to win, of course. But if it's not in the cards this year, then I want to go get some quality talent to get us there next year. Nothing would be worse than hanging around all year, not making a move one way or the other, and then finishing in 4th with nothing to show for it.
    Yeah, Wes Anderson and the Wilson Bros are pretty good.

Well no matter if they are in it or not I'd love to see them make some moves for some younger players. Just not the moves that most people are thinking.

Most people want to move Griffey, and that's fine with me if we can get something valuable for him, I just don't think we can. Same with Dunn, first Dunn is far more valuable than most people think, secondly he's a free agent next year if he gets traded, no body is going to give us anything of value to rent him for a few months.

I want to see the Reds move Hatte, his value has got to be very high right now. And in moving Hatte we get to see Joey Votto come up this year and I think he can do a very good job picking up where Hatte leaves off. Other than Hatte I don't see the Reds having very many trading pieces. I'd love for them to move Stanton but I don't see that happening. Maybe if Freel got hot we could get something for him, but I don't know.

Whether they're in the race at the deadline or not, I don't see the Reds being able to make many trades to help them very much.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?