Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2009-2010

2009-2010

I know that not every minor league player pans out, but it is really nice to be excited about our farm system (first time in a long time).

C NEED ONE!
    1B Joey Votto
    2B Brandon Phillips
    SS Alex Gonzalez
    3B Edwin/Juan Francisco/Chris Valiaka
    LF Jay Bruce
    CF Chris Dickerson/Drew Stubbs
    RF Josh Hamilton

SP Aaron Harang
    SP Bronson Arroyo
    SP Homer Bailey
    SP Sean Watson
    SP Dayrl Thompson/Johnny Cueto

LHP Bill Bray
    LHP Jon Coutlangus
    RHP Calvin Medlock
    RHP Jared Burton
    RHP Brad Salmon
    CP Marcus McBeath

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2009-2010

If you want to be realistic about things, I'd say it shapes up more like this:

C NEED ONE
    1B Votto
    2B Phillips (or Valaika/Turner)
    SS NEED ONE (or Phillips)
    3B Encarnacion
    LF Dunn/NEED ONE
    CF Hamilton
    RF Bruce

SP Harang
    SP Arroyo
    SP Bailey
    SP Dumatrait/LeCure/Cueto/Gardner/Fisher (pick 1)
    SP Belisle

LHP Coutlangous
    LHP Bray
    RHP Medlock
    RHP McBeth
    RHP Coffey
    RHP Guevara/Pelland/Salmon/Livingston/Burton (pick 2)

STILL DEVELOPING

Stubbs OF
    Francisco 3B
    Wood LHP
    Watson RHP
    Thompson RHP
    Gonzalez RHP

If Valaika or Turner continue to develop as a 2B, I wouldn't mind inserting them into the lineup there and moving Brandon Phillips to SS. Alex Gonzalez won't be the long term answer there. I would also let all the young bullpen guys battle it out over the next two years to see who sticks and who can emerge as a real closer. Coffey, Bray, Medlock and McBeth are all decent candidates. Also, all we need is one guy to emerge between the higher minors/older pitchers to takeover the #4 spot in the rotation.

In the imminent firesale (bye bye Lohse, Weathers, Griffey, Hatteberg, Dunn?), I'd like to go after a young catcher (Saltalamacchia?), a young, slick fielding SS, and pitching pitching pitching. IF Dunn is moved, (and I'm not neccesarily in favor of that), and if Stubbs washes out, we could use some of the newfound payflex to sign a big bopping LF in a couple years. Dickerson is no more than a AAAA/filler player IMO.
    Last edited by Benihana; 05-31-2007 at 04:12 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?