Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5/31/07 Minor League Updates

Re: 5/31/07 Minor League Updates

Fisher: 8 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 8 K, 10 GO/5 FO

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bruce must have the night off

Dumatrait has had a horrid month of May. 22 earned runs in 28 1/3 innings.

Sarasota is up 4-0 in the 8th

Ramirez: 7 Innings, 4 Hits, 0 Runs, 1 BB, 4 K

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Yeah, though Fisher is older. But on the good side, he may be ready quicker than anybody realizes due to his advanced physical maturity. Fisher looks like a man with a full beard while Bailey still a young kid with peach fuzz
    I agree. Fisher pitched 150 Innings in 2006 and during this break-out year could easily go 180 or so. That means next year he'll be ready for a full major league starters load and at 25 with a good frame should be easily able to handle it. Bailey OTOH had his break-out at 20 and during the break-out season only went 140 innings and even if he was there from an effectiveness standpoint was a much bigger risk from a workload/injury standpoint. Bailey is obviously a higher ceiling prospect, but Fisher could be ready by 2008. The only thing he'll really need to accomplish (assuming he keeps it up this year) is to prove he can get major league hitters out, while this season Bailey still had the need to build up his load and get through the injury nexus.

I think the situation is very different and there just won't be the need to hold him back next year like there was with Bailey this year. I expect Fisher to be given a shot in 2008 unless he takes an about face at some point this year.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

6-4 Dragons in the B9.

Carlos Fisher is really good. I still can't believe how dominant he's been this year.

6-5 Dragons in the B9.
    Dragons lose 7-6
    Last edited by BigRed07; 05-31-2007 at 09:44 PM.

Joey Votto walks and is 1-for-3 with a 3-run HR (#8) and a walk.

quick ? and favor to ask of the redszone faithful... I'm on a palm handheld so info isn't readily available... but when is hamilton expected to be activated from his rehab/dl stint? I'm guessing the chances of seeing him at coors are slim to none.

to make things even more depressing is the battery they'll be putting on the mound while here. belisle I like, but livingston/santos and lohse don't really excite me a whole lot.

Factor in my work schedule and its gonna be rough.

thanks for the help everyone
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

From the Dayton game:

Stubbs is 1-for-3 with a single, two RBI, and two walks plus a stolen base. That gives Stubbs 23 walks in May.

Francisco and Heisey are 2-for-4 with two singles.

Pelland with a dud tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    quick ? and favor to ask of the redszone faithful... I'm on a palm handheld so info isn't readily available... but when is hamilton expected to be activated from his rehab/dl stint? I'm guessing the chances of seeing him at coors are slim to none.

to make things even more depressing is the battery they'll be putting on the mound while here. belisle I like, but livingston/santos and lohse don't really excite me a whole lot.

If I remember correctly he can't be activated until June 3rd and I saw some people posting that he would be back for the Cardinals series.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post

Earliest he can be activated is Sunday in Colorado.

I'd say it's more likely he comes of the D.L. the first game fo the Cardinals series though.

Fisher, at this pace, should get a look in September. A little cup of coffee so he knows what he is working for in the offseason. With a hard sinker, he is exactly the pitcher the Reds need to develop. Hopefully he stays healthy.

Why don't they call up Votto and Hamilton at the same time? Send down Wise and Moeller.

Turn Off Ads?