Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: The Official 2007 Mock Draft Selection Thread

Re: The Official 2007 Mock Draft Selection Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed View Post
    RL, in the interest of keeping things moving just go ahead and make a selection from the lists I sent you. I won't be checking back in until after 8 PM tonight.
    I can do that. You have more than 3 players on your list that haven't been drafted yet, so one of them will be on the board. I apologize for haulting the draft right here but I'd really hate to make a final pick for someone that has 1) made all his picks so far, and 2) kept me in the loop via PM on who he wanted selected if he couldn't be online (until this pick). I just think it's best we wait for him.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    If all of you had one more pick, who would you take? (If I'm jumping the gun, let me know, and I'll delete this post.)

Personally, I would take Matt Rizzotti, 1B, Manhattan. I selected nothing but pitchers because all the position guys I liked were picked soon before my turn (i.e. Mangini, Russell, Canham, Morris, and especially Sogard).
    I'd take Charlie Furbush's little brother, Richard.

In all seriousness, there are a good 10-25 players that I like a lot that haven't been drafted yet. I'll discuss some of them after the final picks have been made.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

OnBaseMachine or jmcclain, if cincy09 hasn't drafted by the time you guys stop in you can auto draft for him, I suppose, to get this thing moving again. I know he was big on pitching earlier in the draft so maybe give him another pitcher (like DET needs them). You know what. On second thought, I'm just gonna go ahead and draft for him. We've waited awhile now, and if he wants someone that wasn't drafted later, I can always edit the thread later. So without further ado, here is cincy09's pick:

With the 122nd pick, the Detroit Tigers select:

Jonathan Bachanov, RHP, University HS, Orlando (FL)

B-R, T-R, 6'5" 220 01/30/89.

Strong, durable frame. Maximum effort delivery. Bachanov's Myspace page has a "countdown'til I get paid" Profiles as a potential closer and his fastball runs into the mid 90's with a little room to grow.

rdiersin, you are on the clock.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

With the 123rd pick in the draft the Minnesota Twins select Mike Stanton, 1B/OF, Notre Dame Academy, Sherman Oaks, CA, 6'5", 205lbs, B-R, T-R.

With the 124th pick in the draft the New York Mets select:

Nolan Gallagher, RHP, Stanford

B-R, T-R, 6'3" 200 12/02/85

reds44 is on the clock with the last pick in our draft...
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Good job RL. Much appreciated.

To wrap this baby up, with the final pick of the draft the New York Yankees select:

Kevin Rhoderick, RHP, Horizon HS, Scottsdale (AZ)
    B-R, T-R, 6'0" 180 08/19/88

Short Righthander that has athleticism, quick arm, and big velocity. He throws a fastball taht at times sits in the 92-94mph range and rarely dips below 90, and generates good downward plane on the pitch. his slider and changeup have potential, but he succeeds more off his aggressiveness and fastball than by fooling hitters. He's projected as a pro setup man or closer.

And there it is, we are finished. Thanks to everyone who participated. Hope to see ya again next year.

I'd like to change one of my picks. I'd like to pick Taryne Mowatt, University of Arizona, RHP.

And future Mrs Puffy.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin View Post
    With the 123rd pick in the draft the Minnesota Twins select Mike Stanton, 1B/OF, Notre Dame Academy, Sherman Oaks, CA, 6'5", 205lbs, B-R, T-R.
    Gaaahhhhhhhh, nooooo!

Sorry, reflex.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Gaaahhhhhhhh, nooooo!

Sorry, reflex.
    I never made the connection until now.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

I was just looking back at the picks and reviewing everything when I noticed that Gallen5862 did a great job with his picks. I think a couple of his guys didn't sign, but the rest of them are all doing well, particularly LaPorta, Arrieta, and Alderson.

OBM did a great job with Jesse Todd, but the other picks weren't so hot.

With the exception of Josh Smoker, it looks like SandyD has a good start, too.

Turn Off Ads?