Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Twilight Zone fans?

Any Twilight Zone fans?

I've been obsessed since I was VERY young. My dad used to watch reruns with me all the time and I'm still amazed by Rod Serling.

I'm a night owl with school so I watch them every night on the sci fi channel from 1:00-2:00.

Just amazing stuff.

My favorite episode is the Howling Man and the Silence.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Any Twilight Zone fans?

I always liked the show, but it's been so long, I really don't remember many of the episodes.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I had not watched them for ages upon ages, until recently when I bought the full collection on DVD. Definetely a show which was way ahead of its time.
    The Silence did make a rather good impression - I was actually somewhat surprised at the ending, which is a feat for me.
    I don't know the name of the episode, but it contains one of my favorite all-time actors, Buster Keaton, as an unwilling time travellor who is transported from a silent era to the noisier "modern" era (aka, 1959).
    What is fascinating with the program is seeing many of the "before they were stars" actors, such as Falk, Redford, Shatner, Nimoy, Takai, Savalas, Coburn...the list goes on. We even have a young Billy Mumy before his "Fish Heads" days. An amazing amount of talent was packed into those episodes.

"My name is talking Tina............................"

Great show!

Zoinks!

I get addicted to every Twilight Zone marathon that the Sci Fi Channel shows. Seems like they do them on New Years Day or so. Love the show. I just got the first season of Rod Serling's The Night Gallery on DVD as well. I liked that one too. Not as good as Twilight Zone but still some cool stuff.

The episode, The Masks was pretty good. One of my favs.

"It's a cook book!!!"
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Great show. I really liked "All The Time In the World" where Burgess Meredith worked in a bank but would much rather be by himself and read. One day he goes down in the vault to eat lunch and read and the bomb hits. He's the only survivor and finds a bombed out library with a ton of books. He's just giddy with delight since he's the only person around and has all these books. But he accidentally breaks his glasses and is unable to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Love it! My favorite is called "Eye of the Beholder", the one where the woman is undergoing surgery for the final time in attempt to escape being "ugly" and being sent to a concentration camp of some sort. Very dramatic leadup to the removal of the bandages, and a very good moral to the story!

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    Love it! My favorite is called "Eye of the Beholder", the one where the woman is undergoing surgery for the final time in attempt to escape being "ugly" and being sent to a concentration camp of some sort. Very dramatic leadup to the removal of the bandages, and a very good moral to the story!

You beat me to it.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    I was gonna pick that one too. Loved how they used shadows and camera angles so as to not show the doctors' and nurses' faces until they unwrapped her bandages.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

"Nightmare at 20,000 feet" with Captain Kirk.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker
    "It's a cook book!!!"

Yeah, that was great. Wasn't the title of that episode "To Serve Man"?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I like the one where the concentration camp gaurd goes back to the camp 20 years later for old time sakes and is stalked and tried in a court by the people he mistreated and killed. He went crazy from the whole thing. Wonderful show.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Redlegman

I like the old man and the hunting dog. They went out and they both drown. Next morning he went home and find out that he is dead. He then went down a road where he meet a man. The man told him that if he goes through his gate that he will be in heaven. But the dog started to growl and the old man would not go through without his dog. The man at the gate told the old man that he can't bring his dog. So the old man said that if his dog can't go then he won't go. So he went down the road and meet another guy. The guy said that both can go through his gate. The guy said this is Heaven. The man said that the other guy was the devil and he don't let dogs in. He try to trick him and the dog knew who he was. Great story.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Great show. I really liked "All The Time In the World" where Burgess Meredith worked in a bank but would much rather be by himself and read. One day he goes down in the vault to eat lunch and read and the bomb hits. He's the only survivor and finds a bombed out library with a ton of books. He's just giddy with delight since he's the only person around and has all these books. But he accidentally breaks his glasses and is unable to read.
    That one drives me nuts. I love to read, and don't mind being by myself, and when he realizes his glasses are broke, I just feel so bad for him. I know it's just a TV show, but that ending just gets to me every time, and I remember how shocked I was the first time I saw it. A great episode.

I don't know the name of the episode, but it's one of the non-science fiction ones, where 2 spies are in one hotel room and their target is in another, but they tell him some common object will make the room explode. It ends up being the telephone when it rings and the receiver is picked up, but the show ends with the target getting away. The "bad guys" did enter his room, and he calls his room when the one of the two who had not planned just picks up the phone out of habit. I'm sure that's a poorly worded description, but I liked that episode.

There are several others I enjoy too, but what annoys me is that they did another marathon over the 4th of July weekend, but I didn't realize it until it was more than half over. I saw some good stuff, but missed quite a few too.

Oh well - that is one good thing about New Year's and I hope they do another marathon then.

Turn Off Ads?