Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 985

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

  1. #151
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

    Sorry if this has been answered in here, but the thread is kind of long.

    I'm saving up to buy an X-Box 360, but I'm having a hard time deciding between the premium package and the elite. What exactly is the extra hard drive space used for? If I just want to play my games multi-player, would the Premium package with the Live Gold subscription be good enough to do this? And finally, does the Gold subscription renew itself and bill me, or will I have to re-up it myself each year?

    Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer these for me.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #152
    High five! nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    6,976

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered in here, but the thread is kind of long.

    I'm saving up to buy an X-Box 360, but I'm having a hard time deciding between the premium package and the elite. What exactly is the extra hard drive space used for? If I just want to play my games multi-player, would the Premium package with the Live Gold subscription be good enough to do this? And finally, does the Gold subscription renew itself and bill me, or will I have to re-up it myself each year?

    Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer these for me.
    Basically, the HD stores "stuff". I've not even come close to filling my 20 gig up but I haven't downloaded and watched a ton of movies / demos / music / etc. although I have been tempted. The xBox live marketplace seems to be adding new shows you can watch all the time, especially in HD so that can be a bunch of disk gubbins right there.

    The Live subscription auto-renews each year if you do it on a CC.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

  4. #153
    High five! nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    6,976

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

    BTW, here's an interest article on why you might like to get one with a drive.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

  5. #154
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

    Okay one last 360 question. I bought it yesterday and have played around some, but I can't seem to get my headset to work. I plugged it into the controller, but I don't get any sound, do I have to turn something on in the system settings?

  6. #155
    High five! nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    6,976

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Okay one last 360 question. I bought it yesterday and have played around some, but I can't seem to get my headset to work. I plugged it into the controller, but I don't get any sound, do I have to turn something on in the system settings?
    I think its game dependent. As far as I know, only chat comes through the headset.

    If you play online, you'll know its working when you hear this really high-pitched sound coming through it calling you a "n00b". Said sound is generated by a pre-teen known as a "castratti".
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

  7. #156
    Member Cedric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    6,373

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

    Anyone played Madden on the Ps3 yet? I hear that the 360 version is miles better. I wanna buy the system that is best for games like Madden and Fifa.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

  8. #157
    Member Reds Fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Piqua, OH
    Posts
    16,521

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Anyone played Madden on the Ps3 yet? I hear that the 360 version is miles better. I wanna buy the system that is best for games like Madden and Fifa.
    I don't have a PS3 but I just bought Madden for my 360. The difference at least for this year is the 360 version is 60 frames per second while the PS3 is 30 frames per second for the Madden game. So the 360 version is a lot faster and has a more fluid picture rate. I think the reason is game developers have been developing games for the XBox 360 longer so they are more used to it. While the PS3 is newer which is why there are some of these differences. So for now the 360 is better for this game in the future I think the PS3 will catch up and they will be similar.

  9. #158
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    11,431

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

    I think a Wii is the best system for a party, but if you're the type to play alone at home, I'd go with a 360.

  10. #159
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Amarillo,Texas
    Posts
    4,330

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

    I have heard that Madden for the PS3 does not have Madden commenting on the game. Might be worth getting it just for that reason.

  11. #160
    Bread Gloves Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,306

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

    Does anyone have Tiger Woods '08 yet. I picked it for PS3 on Tuesday and I am very frustrated with EA Sports and not having their easportsworld.com ready for all the people wanting to upload the new game face. Friday night and it's still not working. How could they not have been prepared for this?

  12. #161
    I'm toolsy.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Just South of Louisville
    Posts
    334

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

    Couple PS3 questions:

    Is there any way to get the 20 gig system to connect wirelessly to the internet? I know the larger system comes with that feature standard, but is there an add on that I can buy for the smaller one?

    I just bought Toger Woods 08 and I'm trying to use the game face feature. How do I make the PS3 recognize my camera for adding photos? It just says "unrecognized USB device" when I plug it in.

  13. #162
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    146

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

    24 days till Halo 3....

  14. #163
    Member SteelSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    9,321

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    Couple PS3 questions:

    Is there any way to get the 20 gig system to connect wirelessly to the internet? I know the larger system comes with that feature standard, but is there an add on that I can buy for the smaller one?
    Yep. Just get a wireless game adapter or a wireless access point and run an ethernet cable to the PS3 from either.

    I purchased a Linksys-Wireless A/G game adapter for about 50 bucks (I'm a bargain hunter) and a Linksys Wireless-G game adapter can be had for about 60 bucks right now on clearance at Wal Mart. Both are backward compatible for Wireless-B routers.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

    "The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

  15. #164
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

    Figured I would bump this thread up. Is anyone else getting Halo 3 when it comes out on Tuesday? I pre-ordered my copy yesterday. I've always been a PS2 guy up until I got my 360 a month or so ago, but I've played the series on the PC and love it.

  16. #165
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Figured I would bump this thread up. Is anyone else getting Halo 3 when it comes out on Tuesday? I pre-ordered my copy yesterday. I've always been a PS2 guy up until I got my 360 a month or so ago, but I've played the series on the PC and love it.
    I picked it up today after my morning classes, It's pretty fun so far.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25