Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

Sorry if this has been answered in here, but the thread is kind of long.

I'm saving up to buy an X-Box 360, but I'm having a hard time deciding between the premium package and the elite. What exactly is the extra hard drive space used for? If I just want to play my games multi-player, would the Premium package with the Live Gold subscription be good enough to do this? And finally, does the Gold subscription renew itself and bill me, or will I have to re-up it myself each year?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer these for me.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    High five!

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered in here, but the thread is kind of long.

I'm saving up to buy an X-Box 360, but I'm having a hard time deciding between the premium package and the elite. What exactly is the extra hard drive space used for? If I just want to play my games multi-player, would the Premium package with the Live Gold subscription be good enough to do this? And finally, does the Gold subscription renew itself and bill me, or will I have to re-up it myself each year?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer these for me.
    Basically, the HD stores "stuff". I've not even come close to filling my 20 gig up but I haven't downloaded and watched a ton of movies / demos / music / etc. although I have been tempted. The xBox live marketplace seems to be adding new shows you can watch all the time, especially in HD so that can be a bunch of disk gubbins right there.

The Live subscription auto-renews each year if you do it on a CC.

High five!

BTW, here's an interest article on why you might like to get one with a drive.

Okay one last 360 question. I bought it yesterday and have played around some, but I can't seem to get my headset to work. I plugged it into the controller, but I don't get any sound, do I have to turn something on in the system settings?

High five!

Okay one last 360 question. I bought it yesterday and have played around some, but I can't seem to get my headset to work. I plugged it into the controller, but I don't get any sound, do I have to turn something on in the system settings?
    I think its game dependent. As far as I know, only chat comes through the headset.

If you play online, you'll know its working when you hear this really high-pitched sound coming through it calling you a "n00b". Said sound is generated by a pre-teen known as a "castratti".

Anyone played Madden on the Ps3 yet? I hear that the 360 version is miles better. I wanna buy the system that is best for games like Madden and Fifa.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Anyone played Madden on the Ps3 yet? I hear that the 360 version is miles better. I wanna buy the system that is best for games like Madden and Fifa.
    I don't have a PS3 but I just bought Madden for my 360. The difference at least for this year is the 360 version is 60 frames per second while the PS3 is 30 frames per second for the Madden game. So the 360 version is a lot faster and has a more fluid picture rate. I think the reason is game developers have been developing games for the XBox 360 longer so they are more used to it. While the PS3 is newer which is why there are some of these differences. So for now the 360 is better for this game in the future I think the PS3 will catch up and they will be similar.

I think a Wii is the best system for a party, but if you're the type to play alone at home, I'd go with a 360.

I have heard that Madden for the PS3 does not have Madden commenting on the game. Might be worth getting it just for that reason.

Does anyone have Tiger Woods '08 yet. I picked it for PS3 on Tuesday and I am very frustrated with EA Sports and not having their easportsworld.com ready for all the people wanting to upload the new game face. Friday night and it's still not working. How could they not have been prepared for this?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I'm toolsy.

Couple PS3 questions:

Is there any way to get the 20 gig system to connect wirelessly to the internet? I know the larger system comes with that feature standard, but is there an add on that I can buy for the smaller one?

I just bought Toger Woods 08 and I'm trying to use the game face feature. How do I make the PS3 recognize my camera for adding photos? It just says "unrecognized USB device" when I plug it in.

24 days till Halo 3....

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    Couple PS3 questions:

Is there any way to get the 20 gig system to connect wirelessly to the internet? I know the larger system comes with that feature standard, but is there an add on that I can buy for the smaller one?
    Yep. Just get a wireless game adapter or a wireless access point and run an ethernet cable to the PS3 from either.

I purchased a Linksys-Wireless A/G game adapter for about 50 bucks (I'm a bargain hunter) and a Linksys Wireless-G game adapter can be had for about 60 bucks right now on clearance at Wal Mart. Both are backward compatible for Wireless-B routers.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Figured I would bump this thread up. Is anyone else getting Halo 3 when it comes out on Tuesday? I pre-ordered my copy yesterday. I've always been a PS2 guy up until I got my 360 a month or so ago, but I've played the series on the PC and love it.

Figured I would bump this thread up. Is anyone else getting Halo 3 when it comes out on Tuesday? I pre-ordered my copy yesterday. I've always been a PS2 guy up until I got my 360 a month or so ago, but I've played the series on the PC and love it.
    I picked it up today after my morning classes, It's pretty fun so far.

Turn Off Ads?