Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

Xbox 360 is heads and shoulders above the PS3 right now for sports games. The frame-rate for the most recent Madden was 30 fps for PS3 while it was 60 fps for 360. Developers just haven't quite perfected the reportedly finicky PS3 programming code.

Things will probably even up quite a bit over the next couple "generations" of PS3 sports games.

I'd have to give the nod to 360 as well right now in terms of online play.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    So I want to know what is the best current system for the money? I was looking at a PS3, and also and XBOX360. Also, I was looking at a PSP. For the price which is the best system. Keep in mind that I love to play sports games, and I love to play online.
    A couple months ago I bought a 360 after being a sony user for years. I absolutely love it so far. The online is great. With the free Silver xbox live you can download game demos xbox arcade games and movies etc. If you want to play online, you'll need the Gold package, which is $50. I have it and I've had a LOT of fun with it, well worth the money.

The 360 also currently has a ton more games in its catalogue. And as WMR said, the xbox is way ahead in the sports market currently.

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a system. The XBox is in the lead. One thing I want it for is the DVD player option. I'd hoped that HD DVD or Blu Ray would have been decided by now but no such luck. One question, does the XBox HD DVD add-on upconvert regular DVD's?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a system. The XBox is in the lead. One thing I want it for is the DVD player option. I'd hoped that HD DVD or Blu Ray would have been decided by now but no such luck. One question, does the XBox HD DVD add-on upconvert regular DVD's?
    I think they look slightly better, but I don't think it is true up-conversion. I wouldn't let that stop me from getting it if I was you, however, BW. I *LOVE* my 360 HD-DVD player, and you can't beat that price.

I now have both a PS3 and Xbox 360. I play the Xbox 360 and use the Ps3 for movies. I haven't found one game I like on the Ps3. Just don't really think it's being worked on much by developers. Maybe I"m wrong.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    My wife bought me Guitar Hero II as a reward for passing the bar. I've been rockin' out for the past two days. They told her I could always wait and bring it back unopened to exchange for Guitar Hero III, but I've heard mixed reviews on it, so I figured I'd enjoy II and see how it goes. It really is a great game.
    I just got it for my birthday -- I suck something fierce, but I love playing it.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I now have both a PS3 and Xbox 360. I play the Xbox 360 and use the Ps3 for movies. I haven't found one game I like on the Ps3. Just don't really think it's being worked on much by developers. Maybe I"m wrong.
    The awesome games are coming, Cedric.

The 360's programming code is based off of a windows platform. The PS3's is a unique programming code.

The PS3 *is* the superior machine... and the outlays of cash by Sony guarantee that programmers will continue the work required to master the programming language.

Don't forget... we're comparing fifth and sixth generation 360 games to first and second generation PS3 games.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    The awesome games are coming, Cedric.

The 360's programming code is based off of a windows platform. The PS3's is a unique programming code.

The PS3 *is* the superior machine... and the outlays of cash by Sony guarantee that programmers will continue the work required to master the programming language.

Don't forget... we're comparing fifth and sixth generation 360 games to first and second generation PS3 games.
    Long run, PS3 is definitely going to have some amazing games.

But over the course of the next year or 2, the xbox game catalogue is going to dominate, IMO.
    Last edited by HumnHilghtFreel; 10-29-2007 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I think they look slightly better, but I don't think it is true up-conversion. I wouldn't let that stop me from getting it if I was you, however, BW. I *LOVE* my 360 HD-DVD player, and you can't beat that price.
    Thanks WMR, I've heard lots of good things about the XBox so far. Does anyone know for sure about the upconversion. Also, what sort of audio out does the XBox have? Is it optical? Does it support 5.1? 7.1?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I'm still using a PS2. I'm just not willing to shell out more money for something I only use in my sleeper when I'm on the road and waiting for another load. Maybe if the price comes down a bit more I'll get a PS3, but for now I'll stick with what I have. I've always preferred the Sony because I just like the controller more.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    Thanks WMR, I've heard lots of good things about the XBox so far. Does anyone know for sure about the upconversion. Also, what sort of audio out does the XBox have? Is it optical? Does it support 5.1? 7.1?
    Mine is hooked up with an optical out to my 5.1 surround sound system.

Not sure about 7.1.

I've actually found the folks at Best Buy to be fairly helpful when it comes to those type of questions... surprisingly so, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I just got it for my birthday -- I suck something fierce, but I love playing it.
    I stepped up from Easy to Medium. Going from 3 to 4 buttons with more chords is really tripping me up. Makes me want to hit practice mode and work it out. I love how the drummer spontaneously combusts at the end of "Tonight, I Want To Rock You Tonight."
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I stepped up from Easy to Medium. Going from 3 to 4 buttons with more chords is really tripping me up. Makes me want to hit practice mode and work it out. I love how the drummer spontaneously combusts at the end of "Tonight, I Want To Rock You Tonight."
    Gawd. I made it through Easy and have now worked through (poorly, I might add) two venues in Medium including both bonus songs. Too often, I've had to almost completely ignore certain color buttons or chords just to get through the song. At this point, I'm seriously considering switching hands as I'm far more dexterous with my right.

I'm doing ok with hammer-downs, but pull-offs are my bane. I can do the latter pretty well on fast songs by instinct, but when I have to plan for pull-offs, I'm pretty much screwed. Then I watc kids at Best Buy pull of a song in Hard mode without a hitch, shake my head, and feel just a bit jealous.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Gawd. I made it through Easy and have now worked through (poorly, I might add) two venues in Medium including both bonus songs. Too often, I've had to almost completely ignore certain color buttons or chords just to get through the song. At this point, I'm seriously considering switching hands as I'm far more dexterous with my right.

I'm doing ok with hammer-downs, but pull-offs are my bane. I can do the latter pretty well on fast songs by instinct, but when I have to plan for pull-offs, I'm pretty much screwed. Then I watc kids at Best Buy pull of a song in Hard mode without a hitch, shake my head, and feel just a bit jealous.
    I made it through easy mode fairly quickly and I've fought my way through 4 venues on Medium. I'm home from work today with a sick baby, so maybe I'll be able to get some practice in when he goes down for a nap.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I'm trying to get a new game for XBox 360 and I wanted to see if anybody has played The Orange Box. Supposedly it's pretty sweet, but I want to get some people's input before I drop $60+ on it. I know I can always rent it, and I probably will, but any feedback would be welcome.
    Last edited by Screwball; 11-13-2007 at 11:15 PM.

Turn Off Ads?