Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

Senor Votto

Re: The Unofficial Video Game System Thread

I played Call Of Duty 4 online last night and I'm not impressed. Not to mention there were only around 6 people online at the time.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I played Call Of Duty 4 online last night and I'm not impressed. Not to mention there were only around 6 people online at the time.
    Wow, really?

I have it for the 360 and just about every time I get on, the numbers are in or near the hundred-thousands for online play.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    xBox Live has been having some serious issues lately. I was only able to play private games and even that was a pain to get going.

PEACE

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Wow, really?

I have it for the 360 and just about every time I get on, the numbers are in or near the hundred-thousands for online play.
    Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    xBox Live has been having some serious issues lately. I was only able to play private games and even that was a pain to get going.

PEACE
    Unless I was doing something wrong there was only one room I could play in.

PEACE

Yeah, Live has been horrible since Friday night for me. I've only been able to play two or three games since then.

I'm a huge fan of COD4 on Live. Unfortunately, as mentioned, it's been on the fritz lately. It took me a half hour to get into one game last night. I gave up after that. My SN is ab51nthe on Live.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

COD4 was out, so I picked up Mass Effect, Rock Band and Tiger Woods 08.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    At that size, how much more would it cost you to go 1080p? That's really where the industry is headed. If I were buying an HDTV, I would definitely opt for 1080p if possible.
    Took your advice as well as that of the people on avsforum and went with the 1080p. Got a Samsung 40 LCD HDTV. Just got it out of the box about 15 minutes ago and it looks good. Haven't played anything on it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Sabo Fan; 12-31-2007 at 11:47 PM.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Awesome. Good decision. Are you going to be hooking it up with component cables or did you get the HDMI hook-up?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Awesome. Good decision. Are you going to be hooking it up with component cables or did you get the HDMI hook-up?
    I'll be honest, there's very little in that sentence I understand. A lot of this technical stuff is over my head. I did understand the "Awesome." Good decision" part though.

I've just got a regular old original X-Box right now so I don't know that there's much I can do to dress it up. When I do decide to get the 360 I'll be sure to get everything I need to get it in HD.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Oh OKAY! My bad, I thought you said you had a 360!

Yeah you need to get yourself a 360 ASAP!!

When you get ready, come to this thread, and I'll tell you exactly what to get to maximize your gameplaying experience in high-definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo Fan View Post
    Took your advice as well as that of the people on avsforum and went witht the 1080p. Got a Samsung 40 LCD HDTV. Just got it out of the box about 15 minutes ago and it looks good. Haven't played anything on it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
    Sweet! What's the model number?
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Sweet! What's the model number?
    LNT4061F

Early returns are good.
    --M2

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo Fan View Post
    LNT4061F

Early returns are good.
    Excellent, and I bet you got a great deal on that set. If you haven't already been able to grab the proper calibration settings off avsforum.com, feel free to let me know and I can probably send you in the right direction. If you have been able to get those, then just ignore me and have a blast with your 1080p HDTV!

"The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?