Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can you name all 50 States in 10 minutes?

Re: Can you name all 50 States in 10 minutes?

4:23 remaining.

Stupid Alaska.

2. Turn Off Ads?

4:30 remaining. It took 2-3 minutes to remember Maryland and Massachusetts. Before that, Washington & Oregon stumped me briefly.

I started off trying to do the map thing, starting in New England, which I feared would be the toughest, but then I started just doing it by college conferences (now, which states are in the SEC? the ACC? the Big 10 & Big 12?)

Finally I resorted to thinking alphabetically. At work, we use state checklists that I look at frequently and I finally realized the "M" category seemed a bit low.

Great link - I'm going to email it to torture some family.
    Last edited by UKFlounder; 06-01-2007 at 06:26 PM.

i forgot about new jersey...maybe i'm secretly a new yorker

Did it with 4:55 remaining...I had 49 right with 6:00 left and could not believe I had forgotten Louisiana

Did it with 2:58 remaining.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I forgot New Jersey -- which is pretty bad, considering my father was born outside of Newark.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I got 49 States in about 4 Minutes and spent 4 Minutes typing in multiple spellings of Massachusetts until I finally hit on the right combination of letters.
    They should allow abreviations. I haven't actually spelled these out in 40+ years.

At least I know how to spell it now.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

6:55 remaining.

Has anyone been to every state? I've been to 42 so far. 8 more to go.....

Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, North Dakota, Alaska, Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Did it in 2:18. Should've been around 1:55, but I had a brain cramp and left off Idaho and Montana at first.
    I can't type that fast.

did it in 3:10. Geographically is the way to go. define regions and picture the map.

Quote Originally Posted by kyred14 View Post
    I left out West Virginia, a state I've been to at least a dozen times to visit family. How in the world did I leave off a border state? Man, I'm dumb.

Technique: always pair it with Viriginia. When naming states that is. As soon as you say/type Virginia, say or type West Viriginia.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD View Post
    I can't type that fast.

did it in 3:10. Geographically is the way to go. define regions and picture the map.
    I did it in 2:80 and would have been faster if I could type with fewer spelling errors. I actually did it without singing the afore mentioned song. I started in NE where all the small states are and then just moved from N to S and back up again like I was using a paintbrush to paint the states on the map. The only area where it gets a little tricky is for the Northwest Ordinance States and Mississippi-Alabama, because they line up better horizontally than vertically.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

FREAKING RHODE ISLAND! Its too dang small anyways....
    Let's make some noise!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

3:39 remaining

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    1:25 remaining

I had 49 with about three minutes to go, but forgot Maryland. I finally resorted to going through professional sports teams, and when I got to the Orioles, I finally had it!

Hey we did the same thing. I finally got nebraska and then maryland with 1:30 to go. I tried to remember the song but it wasn't too helpful.

6:42 left

Turn Off Ads?