Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Steve Kerr new GM of Phoenix Suns

Steve Kerr new GM of Phoenix Suns

Reported by ESPN.

Interesting.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Steve Kerr new GM of Phoenix Suns

I wonder if D'Antonio wanted to step down from being the GM or if he was forced?

Kerr was one of my favorite players and I guess we'll see how well he judges talent.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

He's also an Arizona favorite son.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I wonder if D'Antonio wanted to step down from being the GM or if he was forced?

Kerr was one of my favorite players and I guess we'll see how well he judges talent.
    I believe he stepped down willingly. He is already on record saying he messed up a couple of times as a GM. Now he can just coach. And Kerr is a smart guy - he'll take input from D'Antonio.

Now, how bout a Amare for Garnett deal.....
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    I believe he stepped down willingly. He is already on record saying he messed up a couple of times as a GM. Now he can just coach. And Kerr is a smart guy - he'll take input from D'Antonio.

Now, how bout a Amare for Garnett deal.....
    My guess is if Kobe becomes available, Phoenix and Chicago will be the first two teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

He's fondly remembered in San Antonio for his contribution to championships here. Hopefully Steve will tone down the ugliness from Phoenix's side of the rivalry between the Suns and Spurs.

It's kind of amazing how many former Spurs and Spurs coaches and executives are showing up on benches and front offices around the NBA. The Cavaliers have quite a few former San Antonians.
    /r/reds

got alil captain in u?

the people jordan used to throw the ball to are or will be better GM's than he i i.e. Paxson with the Bulls and now Kerr being hired with the suns

Item #1 on Kerr's to-do list should be to make everyone in the organization learn to spell "defense".

2007 NBA Regular Season Stats

San Antonio was #1 in the league, allowing opponents 90.1 ppg.

Detroit, currently down 3-2 in the Eastern finals, was #2 at 91.8 ppg.

Cleveland, currently up 3-2 in the Eastern finals, was #5 at 92.9 ppg.

(Anyone notice a pattern here?)

The other team in the conference finals, Utah, was 17th at 98.6 ppg. San Antonio worked them over pretty easily in the Western finals 4-1.

Phoenix ranked 23rd in the league, allowing 102.9 ppg.

For all the hype about Phoenix during the last couple regular seasons, it really isn't surprising the way they've flamed out in the past few playoffs.

Offense sells tickets.

Defense wins championships.

In pretty much every sport.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post

He wanted to be relieved of the duties. He has a lot on his plate. Coach, GM and he's also a coach for Team USA basketball.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I always thought Steve Kerr would end up coaching.

I wish him well.

Turn Off Ads?