Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which time frame most accurately reflects when your mail is delivered?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Before 10 am

2 2.74%
  • 10:01 am - 12:00 noon

19 26.03%
  • 12:01 pm - 2:00 pm

23 31.51%
  • 2:01 pm - 4:00 pm

15 20.55%
  • After 4 pm

13 17.81%
  • The Witness Protection Program won't allow me to answer

1 1.37%

Thread: Mail Delivery

Mail Delivery

Since I moved out on my own after college, I've had 5 different home addresses. A house, 2 apartments, a condo, and currently a house. I've lived in different parts of town with different substations responsible for my mail delivery.

Why is it that my mail rarely gets delivered before 4:30 pm no matter where I live?

Does anyone out there consistently get mail delivered to your home / PO box during the morning or early afternoon? Are there any civil servants out there who can shed light on why my mail never shows up before the end of the day? Is it an Atlanta thing? Is it a regional thing? Or is it the natural order of the universe that I'm always going to get my mail at the end of the day no matter where I live?
    Last edited by 15fan; 06-02-2007 at 05:21 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mail Delivery

You should add an option that says "Varies" - really, both at my office and at home (3 blocks away), it can be morning or afternoon - just depends on which carrier is running the route, whether it's a sub or if someone has picked up an additional route for the day (vacations).

Almost always around 11am.
    Go Gators!

I can't actually vote, because I'm rarely home when the mail comes.

But ... I believe it varies ... but nearly always before 3pm. Usually before 2, I think.

At work usually around noon. At home usually before 4pm.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    You should add an option that says "Varies" - really, both at my office and at home (3 blocks away), it can be morning or afternoon - just depends on which carrier is running the route, whether it's a sub or if someone has picked up an additional route for the day (vacations).
    That's the way it is for me, too. I'd have to answer B, C, D and E on the choices in that poll because in a given month, my mail will arrive at least twice in each of those windows of time.
    /r/reds

So far I'm the only one to vote "Before 10am". It's usually about 9:50am or so, but sometimes as late as 10:10am. I guess we're fortunate.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Around 3 pm. I usually take a break from the computer to retrieve it.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    So far I'm the only one to vote "Before 10am". It's usually about 9:50am or so, but sometimes as late as 10:10am. I guess we're fortunate.
    I can pretty much safely say ours is "NEVER" here before 10am.

Home or work.

When my regular mail carrier is on duty (which is most of the time), the mail arrives around 10:30 am.

On Saturday, it's a different guy and the mail comes later. Whenever anyone else does the route it comes later, but always before 2 pm. I assume the "replacements" do the route in a different order than John does.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

always after 4 pm here

W.A.S.T.E.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Mine is almost always here before 10.

Saturday, my mail showed up at 5:40 pm.

Yesterday, it was delivered at 6:15 pm. Then the mailman came back at 6:45 pm to deliver a package that he forgot was in his truck.

Turn Off Ads?