Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Griffey leaps ahead NL All Star Ballot

Griffey leaps ahead NL All Star Ballot

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Good to know he's getting some respect this year, Alfonso has done nothing to deserve it.

Keep up the good work Ken.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Griffey leaps ahead NL All Star Ballot

Brandon Phillips should be up there for 2nd baseman.

ORG Infidel

Griff has earned it. He has also earned apologies from an awful lot of people. I hoe he doesn't hold his breath.

We all know it's based on popularity, but based on the season to this point, who does everyone have?

NL
    C-Martin (Dodgers)
    1B-Fielder (Brewers)
    2B-Utley (Phillies)
    SS-Hardy (Brewers) You can make a great case for Reyes, Hanley Ramirez or Jimmy Rollins as well...
    3B-Cabrera (Marlins)
    OF-Holliday (Rockies)
    OF-Jr (Reds) His #'s match up with most
    OF-Lee (Astros) Bay deserves a look too (although his #'s are inflated by hitting against the Reds)

AL
    C-Martinez (Indians)
    1B-Morneau (Twins) Youk making a strong case in Boston
    2B-Upton (D-Rays)
    SS-Peralta (Indians)
    3B-A-Rod (Yankees)
    OF-Ordonez (White Sox)
    OF-Vlad (Angels)
    OF-Hunter (Twins) Sizemore and Ichiro are having strong years, too

Recovering Cubs Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Griff has earned it. He has also earned apologies from an awful lot of people. I hoe he doesn't hold his breath.
    I've criticized Griffey A LOT in the past. This offseason I was absolutely convinced he was the biggest problem this team had and I just knew there was no way he would ever move from center field without being a huge baby about it.

I was wrong, wrong, wrong. And I do apologize.

Soriano's heatin' up tho.

Good for Griff, he deserves it!!! Where are the guys who were saying Dunn is an obvious allstar pick, he's only at 15 in the NL right now....

Certainly deserving. Although I understand, because the team stinks and his name is not that well known, I am disapoointed that Brandon Phillips is not more attention from fans.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Good for Griff, he deserves it!!! Where are the guys who were saying Dunn is an obvious allstar pick, he's only at 15 in the NL right now....
    That's because I'm assuming that most the votes come from the casual fan, who usually aren't going to put a lot of stock in a player's OPS #'s.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    Certainly deserving. Although I understand, because the team stinks and his name is not that well known, I am disapoointed that Brandon Phillips is not more attention from fans.
    He's also playing a position that's stocked with all star caliber talent. Utley, Reyes, and Ramirez are all having better seasons even if they do play in bigger markets.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    He's also playing a position that's stocked with all star caliber talent. Utley, Reyes, and Ramirez are all having better seasons even if they do play in bigger markets.
    Reyes and Ramirez are shortstops. And I just looked at the list, the fact that Jose Valentin is #5 on the list is laughable.

Turn Off Ads?