Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why no Hamilton today?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Why no Hamilton today?

Beautiful day out here in the mountains, but Josh Hamilton isn't seeing it. Hamilton is completing his assignment in Durham today. He'll join the team in St. Louis.

Wayne Krivsky said he didn't think it was best for Hamilton to fly out here for one game. His first coupel of games back Hamilton told Krivsky his legs weren't quite under him yet.

"It didn’t seem like the wise and prudent thing to do to go through all that travel for one game. If he’d been eligible for Friday that would be a different," Krivsky said. "Based on everything he went through physically, it didn’t make sense to do it for one game. I'm sure I'll get criticized for that, but that goes with the territory -- have a little wider lens than one game, you’ve got to put it all together and it’s the smart thing to do."

-Trent

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why no Hamilton today?

Chris and Thom had a lengthy conversation about this during last night's game... both definitely didn't agree with holding him back until Tuesday.

Thom said he actually asked either JN or WK why and the reply was "That's our decision".
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Wayne Krivsky said he didn't think it was best for Hamilton to fly out here for one game.

"It didnít seem like the wise and prudent thing to do to go through all that travel for one game. If heíd been eligible for Friday that would be a different," Krivsky said. "Based on everything he went through physically, it didnít make sense to do it for one game. I'm sure I'll get criticized for that, but that goes with the territory -- have a little wider lens than one game, youíve got to put it all together and itís the smart thing to do."
    What?!? Yep, sitting on an airplane and walking through an airport is so physically exerting. Please. And is one game of baseball that demanding (if your name is not Ryan Freel)? Especially with a day off on Monday.

Hasn't Josh been playing for Louisville? Is AAA baseball played at a lower physical level than MLB? I don't get it and do not buy the excuse given.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

There will be plenty of games left for Josh, I like the cautious approach, baseball is such a grind, this kid has far and away exceeded all expectations...do we need to rush him around the country. His development wont go backwards if he isnt batting against the Rockies. What we really need is our right handed batters to get hot like David Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    There will be plenty of games left for Josh, I like the cautious approach, baseball is such a grind, this kid has far and away exceeded all expectations...do we need to rush him around the country. His development wont go backwards if he isnt batting against the Rockies. What we really need is our right handed batters to get hot like David Ross.
    I could just see an outfield of Dunn, Hopper, and Wise today, seeing as Griffey needs a day off...

I'd rather have Dunn, Hamilton, and Hopper if that were the case.

Haunted by walks

Maybe his flights need to be approved by the CDC.

Does someone have to go down when Hamilton is activated or is there an empty slot on the 40-man roster?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Does someone have to go down when Hamilton is activated or is there an empty slot on the 40-man roster?
    Hamilton should already be on the 40 man, so somebody would have to go....which I assume would be DeWayne Wise

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Maybe his flights need to be approved by the CDC.
    Yeah, ask Andrew Speaker...

I really don't blame them for not flying him out to Denver for one game, not like the Reds are just over in Pittsburgh
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post

pretty sure Wise is keeping Josh's seat warm, he's gonedy after today. Matt does it really matter who's playing today Lopez is facing the Reds for the first time and you know how we do against first timers...look for a sluggish offense from Cincy today, we'll need a Belisle shutout today.

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    pretty sure Wise is keeping Josh's seat warm, he's gonedy after today. Matt does it really matter who's playing today Lopez is facing the Reds for the first time and you know how we do against first timers...look for a sluggish offense from Cincy today, we'll need a Belisle shutout today.
    Probably not, but something about Josh and Coors field seems to go well together

I agree if he was with the team, but isnt he from Carolina??? Let the kid wake up with his family one more day...I bet his dad loves eating breakfast with his son this morning.

Even if Hamilton does not start today, who ya want to PH off the bench... Hamilton or Wise? That in itself is enough reason to fly him into Denver. That one AB could be the difference between winning and losing. We have seen it before. Odds are it will not come down to just one AB, but any chance of that happening is good enough reason to have Josh there. Highly unlikely that the flight and bench warming in the chance of needing that crucial AB will strain Josh.

I was right....Griffey gets a day off today..

So does Phillips.....which makes absolutely no sense to me -- he had a day off earlier in the week, and they're off tomorrow

Turn Off Ads?