Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Team Evaluation

Team Evaluation

I'm in a 5x5 standard 12-team yahoo league. My team is currently in 1st, but I'm always looking to improve. Any help you could provide me with in evaluating my team would be much appreciated. Team below, thanks in advance!

C McCann
    1B Texeira
    2B Figgins
    SS Furcal
    3B Wright
    OF Vladimir
    OF Duncan
    OF Hamilton
    UT Ad.Gonzalez
    BN Teahen

SP Peavy
    SP F.Hernandez
    SP Hill
    SP Harden
    SP Lincecum
    SP Hughes
    SP H.Bailey
    RP Hoffman
    RP Jenks
    RP Wheeler
    RP Owens

The biggest debate I currently have is who to play between Duncan, Hamilton, and Teahen. Obviously if one of them is up against a lefty, I'll sit them, but who to play if they're not? (I hate platooning based on a pitcher)
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Team Evaluation

I may be bias but I say always have Josh in the lineup against a righty. Just wait until he actually starts to look for his pitch. Duncan is great vs. righties, and I'm just not a huge Teahen guy.

I love your rotation, but you may want to sell high on Hill or Peavy or someone. I only say this because your pitching is very deep and could become even better once people get healthy or come up from AAA. I would sell Bailey if you have another Reds fan. I don't think he will be up for a while and I honestly don't think he will be effective this year fantasy wise.

Basically I'd see if you could trade pitching for some power.... someone who is in need of pitching and has the HR's to spare.

You have Lincecum, Bailey, and Hughes--I would drop/trade Bailey for someone more useful (a different pitcher or another outfielder). Of the three, Teahen is the guy I wouldn't play.

Thanks for your input. I'm gonna drop Bailey (I just picked him up yest on the chance that he might start on Sunday), and streamline two pitchers until Harden and Hughes come off of the DL. Unless you think Lowry, J.Hirsh, Hendrickson, or Claudio Vargas are worth owning permanently?
    Go BLUE!!!

is James Shields still available, highly doubtful but if he is pick him up, otherwise Lowry, Hendrickson or Hirsh all have value due to the fact that they will play a majority of there games in pitchers parks (besides Hirsh?) but if the league has no interest continue to use that shuttle roster and streamline, if you have the time to look into all the matcups that is.

Shields is already taken. I made some tweakings with the unraveling of the FLA closer situation. The team now looks like this:

C McCann
    1B Teixeira
    2B Figgins
    SS Furcal
    3B Wright
    OF Vlad
    OF Duncan
    OF Teahen
    DH Ad.Gonzalez

BN J.Hamilton
    BN Kendrick

SP Peavy
    SP F.Hernandez
    SP Hill
    SP Lincecum
    SP Harden (DL)
    SP Hughes (DL)
    RP Hoffman
    RP Jenks
    RP Wheeler
    RP Hennessy
    RP Guardado (DL)

Lindstrom is available, but I'm not sure where he ranks on the FLA closer depth chart. Is it worth dropping Hennessy to get him. If not, what should I go after now? Thanks
    Go BLUE!!!

Jeremy Accardo taken in your league?

He looks to be the new closer for the Jays snice Jason Frasor has blown up.

Accardo has been very good in the non closing role this year... and has picked up saves the last 3 days.... I picked him up 2 days ago....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    Jeremy Accardo taken in your league?

He looks to be the new closer for the Jays snice Jason Frasor has blown up.

Accardo has been very good in the non closing role this year... and has picked up saves the last 3 days.... I picked him up 2 days ago....
    nah, he's been gone for a couple weeks. I did pick up Kiko Calero hoping he can get some saves for Oak while Street's out, and Duscherer has been bothered by a sore hip.
    Go BLUE!!!

Here's an update on my team. I'm currently in 1st by 15 points, but I want to create a space so I can pick up Homer. What part of the team would you look to upgrade?

C McCann
    1B Texeira
    2B Figgins/Kendrick
    SS Furcal
    3B Wright
    OF Vlad
    OF Duncan
    OF Teahen/Figgins
    DH Ad.Gonzalez

SP Peavy
    SP F.Hernandez
    SP Hill
    SP Lincecum
    SP Hughes
    SP Schmidt
    SP Harden
    RP Hoffman
    RP Jenks
    RP Wheeler
    RP Gregg
    RP Guardado

I'd like to consolidate and do a 2-for-1 pitching deal, who do you think I should go after?
    Go BLUE!!!

I would package harden and figgins together to see who you could get. I know Harden can be a stub, but let somebody else worry about his DL stints. Also from what I have been reading Figgins may be on his way out. He is barely hitting .200 this season and not stealing enough to warrant keeping him.

drop guardado he wont get that many saves when he gets back if weathers keeps pitching well

thanks. figgins has started to hit real well in the last week. I dropped Guardado and picked up Homer Bailey. I'd still like to make a deal for an OF, I don't like starting Teahen.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?