Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Night spots in Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky area?

Night spots in Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky area?

I will be up this coming weekend to watch the games and plan on going out saturday night after the game. I come up a couple times a year but this will be just the second time taking in some night life. Last time me and my friend ended up in the shadiest strip club i had ever been to. I think it was in newport. I knew we were in trouble when we walked in and know one was at the stage watching the girl dance. Apparently people go there for other reasons. Anyway I was curious as to if anyone had suggestions for cool places to go. Doesn't have to be a strip club would probably prefer a regular club in the nati, northern ky area. But either suggestions are welcome. thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: night spots?

Ah, just go to the Cork N Bottle right accross the river and get cheap booze and cigars and chill out on the patio of your hotel.

Oh what a night!
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    I will be up this coming weekend to watch the games and plan on going out saturday night after the game. I come up a couple times a year but this will be just the second time taking in some night life. Last time me and my friend ended up in the shadiest strip club i had ever been to. I think it was in newport. I knew we were in trouble when we walked in and know one was at the stage watching the girl dance. Apparently people go there for other reasons. Anyway I was curious as to if anyone had suggestions for cool places to go. Doesn't have to be a strip club would probably prefer a regular club in the nati, northern ky area. But either suggestions are welcome. thanks.
    Before the game check out either the Hofbrau house or Game Day right by the reds stadium. I find it the best to park at Sawyer point and you can walk to both. If you are looking for club/band type sceen head over to either Mt. Adams or Mt. Lookout. Mt. Lookout is about a $10 cab ride from Newport and they have 3 bars right in the square that are pretty good. My favorites are MLT's or Millians. The Pavillion up in Mt. Adams has a great view and is closer than Mt. Lookout.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Ah, just go to the Cork N Bottle right accross the river and get cheap booze and cigars and chill out on the patio of your hotel.

Oh what a night!
    After that combo it will be quite a night.

Cork n Bottle... haven't heard that name in years.

Rather than specific night spots, try these entertainment districts:

- Mt. Adams
    - Main Street (between 10th and 12th Streets)
    - Newport on the Levee (across the river)

There are specific places as well, but I'm sure you'll find everything you want in one or all three of the above entertainment districts.

Almost forgot. Pregame watering holes that are close to the ballpark... Game Day, just down the street (east) or The In-Between Tavern (across the street from the ballpark and my personal favorite).

You could also go to the Machine Room right in the ballpark. It's open well before the game starts and a window table will give you a great view of the park and pre-game activities. Really good food too.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 06-04-2007 at 01:30 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Rather than specific night spots, try these entertainment districts:

- Mt. Adams
    - Main Street (between 10th and 12th Streets)
    - Newport on the Levee (across the river)
    Mt. Adams is good -- tends to be a pretty young crowd on the weekends (which may or may not be what you're looking for), but has a couple of different types of bars. Some are more hang-out type (Crowleys, Alive One), some are more club-like (Pavilion, Longworths) and then there is stuff in between that. Longworths occasionally has a live band, which I tend to enjoy.

Newport on the Levee has a couple of really good bars. There's the Hofbrauhaus (sp?) which is fun during the summer because of the huge outdoor beer garden they have. Bar Louie is a chain, but they have a great draft special on Friday nights. Jefferson Hall has great live music on the weekends, plus they have a nice patio that looks over the river. If you're into the "club" scene (loud music and bad bartending), Arnies is across the street.

Downtown, I'd reccomend McFaddens or the Lodge Bar on 7th Street. Its a little safer than other parts of town and usually pretty hopping (Lodge Bar just opened last weekend so there is still the "newness" factor there that should keep people around). Lodge Bar looks like it'll be more the live music scene, McFaddens has a DJ.

Also, you can check out Mt. Lookout, which has the aforementioned Mount Lookout Tavern (MLT) or Millions (the ugly-stepchild of MLT). Usually good live music at both locations. There's also another bar in the Mt. Lookout square called "The Stand" which I don't go to very often, but its there too.

Pick your region and enjoy.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

My favorite spot in Mt. Adams is the Blind Lemon. It's a bit more laid back than say, Longworth's (which I also like because they have live music on one level and recorded dance stuff on the other level), but is very very enjoyable because you're outside and there's usually acoustic guitar, so you can actually talk.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Where can I get a good steak in the downtown area? Nothing fancy like Ruth's Chris; just a nice, flame-broiled steak and a beer on a Thursday night?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Where can I get a good steak in the downtown area? Nothing fancy like Ruth's Chris; just a nice, flame-broiled steak and a beer on a Thursday night?
    Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse near the Aronoff if you want to pay a little more but probably the best option right now for steak downtown. Morton's is also downtown near Fountain Square.

Palomino or Rock Bottom both by Fountain Square might be your best choice for a cheaper option.

I would highly recommend the Steak Frites from Jean-ro Bistro if I had my druthers. Not cheap but not expensive either.

Sorry, but I can't recommend a non-fancy steakhouse. If no one chimes in to offer suggestions for one of those, then I'll point out some fancy ones. In downtown there's Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse and Morton's. Ruby's in particular is kind of a swanky destination spot. A short drive away in Mt. Adams, you'll find The Celestial. Directly across the river from downtown is The Waterfront.

Those are the best, closest places. There's also Tropicana at Newport on the Levee (across the river from the stadium), and The Precinct, which is several miles outside downtown, but probably has the most relaxing ambiance of all the places mentioned here.

Sorry, I realize this isn't exactly what you were asking for, but perhaps it will help regardless.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Sorry, but I can't recommend a non-fancy steakhouse. If no one chimes in to offer suggestions for one of those, then I'll point out some fancy ones. In downtown there's Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse and Morton's. Ruby's in particular is kind of a swanky destination spot. A short drive away in Mt. Adams, you'll find The Celestial. Directly across the river from downtown is The Waterfront.

Those are the best, closest places. There's also Tropicana at Newport on the Levee (across the river from the stadium), and The Precinct, which is several miles outside downtown, but probably has the most relaxing ambiance of all the places mentioned here.

Sorry, I realize this isn't exactly what you were asking for, but perhaps it will help regardless.
    Those places all look fantastic, but I wasn't planning on bringing, well, decent clothes when I come up for the RedsZone gathering. It'll be jeans or shorts and a t-shirt all weekend, so I'll probably have to stick to the bar & grill places. I've eaten at a Rock Bottom before -- it's pretty good. Is there a local, non-chain bar and grill downtown that has decent food?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Try the restaurants around the Arnoff on Walnut between 5th and 6th Streets. Peterson's is good and there are two or three others.

Also, there used to be a Lone Star on Vine but I don't know if it's still there (can't remember the cross streets but I think it was somewhere between 6th and 10th).

I also think the Main St Brewery also has steaks; it's on Main between 11th and 12th.

I really like Palomino's too. Nice view of Fountain Square.

There's also that new steakhouse on 5th and Vine; I'm sure they have steaks too.

Just walk around; you'll find something. If nothing else, I'm sure every one of the hotels has steak.

Anyplace with "Brewery" in the name is a must-see for me, so I'll be sure to visit Main Street Brewery.

Do any of the bars across the river have a ferry ride to the game?? I thought I had heard Hooters used to have it.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

The Precinct, which is several miles outside downtown, but probably has the most relaxing ambiance of all the places mentioned here.
    And it's only 8 houses from where I spent a large chunk of the summer of 87... the neighborhood wasn't as nice back then.

Turn Off Ads?