Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oden "blows Durant out of the water" at pre-draft workouts.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: Oden "blows Durant out of the water" at pre-draft workouts.

O dont know much about Durant, but Oden has the work ethic of an Amish Farmer. With a pin in his wrist, he practiced other facets of his game (including shootong left handed) to better his overall ability. 'Couse I'm biased, but I would take Oden over Durant in a heartbeat
    Witty signature.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Oden is 7 feet and athletic, he is more advanced at this age than most of the great centers of all time at similar ages. The Blazers need a center and good wing players are a dime a dozen. Its a no brainer and if the Blazers GM was even thinking of drafting Durant over Oden he should be fired.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

I can't believe Durant couldn't bench 185. For a guy his size that is sad.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Since when are centers expected to hit the 3?
    Check out this website

http://www.yardbarker.com/users/gregoden

"After the testing we had a light work out, which involved a lot of turn around, off the block jump shots, which was ok. I usually shoot hooks, but it's good to learn something new. At the end of the workout we had to shoot an NBA three-point shot. I definitely air-balled mine. Afterwards, I was just shooting around doing my best "Along Came Polly" impression of "letting in rain" and "iceman." I hit 2 in a row! Maybe I should say that everytime I shoot a NBA three-point shot..."

(confirmed, it is Oden blogging, not a ghostwriter)

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbla...w_profess.html
    Never overlook the obvious

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

I'll tell you that ninety-nine percent of the fans here, as few of them as there might be (although it's amazing how many came out of the woodwork just because the PDX ping-pong ball got popped), are hoping the Blazers take Oden.

Yeah, there is a "draft Durant" blog out there, but that's the only thing I've seen whatsoever that is pro-Durant. And there's a blog for everything these days, you know?

About the only argument in favor of Kevin is that Portland would have to shuffle their lineup around to accommodate Oden. Of course, the Best Player Available draft philosophy generally holds in the NBA as well, and it's not like the Blazers are afraid to make trades. Look at what they did at last year's draft; Trader Jack McKeon would be proud.
    Last edited by Doc. Scott; 06-06-2007 at 08:06 PM.

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    Yeah, there is a "draft Durant" blog out there, but that's the only thing I've seen whatsoever that is pro-Durant. And there's a blog for everything these days, you know?
    http://draftkevindurant.blogspot.com/

(this guy is trying wayyy too hard to be funny)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    About the only argument in favor of Kevin is that Portland would have to shuffle their lineup around to accommodate Oden. Of course, the Best Player Available draft philosophy generally holds in the NBA as well, and it's not like the Blazers are afraid to make trades. Look at what they did at last year's draft; Trader Jack McKeon would be proud.
    Trading Zach Randolph won't be easy, but it's far from impossible.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2...eres_a_ru.html

Aldridge takes over as starter at PF and LaFrentz/Przybilla can backup the 4/5
    Never overlook the obvious

Turn Off Ads?