Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dunn and Phillips altercation

The Dunn and Phillips altercation

I seen this on the sun deck board and wanted to see if anybody else seen the same thing during the game.I missed it!!

Sorry I haven't had a chance to post this until now. I wanted to get some thoughts of others. For any of you that have Sunday's Reds Rockies game tivo'd/dvr'd go back to Phillips homerun and watch afterward when Phillips is going through the dugout for fives. Dunn and Phillips appear to get into it a little bit and Encarnacion pulls Phillips back from Dunn. Now it could have been very innocent and all horseplay, but the wierd thing was that none of them were smiling. It was just very wierd moment, and like I said could very well have just been them messing around. I just wanted to get the thoughts of anyone who may have noticed or can go back to it and take a look. Thanks.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Dunn and Phillips altercation!!

I'm interested....but no Tivo...
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Maybe one of them called the other one's mom ugly

I saw Dunn bang hands and elbows with Phillips then hit the top of his helment. (happens all the time)

Adam then steped back up to the rail of the dugout while Brandon worked his way to the other end of the dugout glad-handing other teammates.

Dunn may not have had a big grin on his face but remember he was sick at the time.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Maybe he found out that Phillips was the one who took his recliner

I think it was an in-fun mocking reference to Zambrano/Barrett. Not sure it was meant for the public or at least not with the public in mind. IMO it was just guys fooling around.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think it was an in-fun mocking reference to Zambrano/Barrett. Not sure it was meant for the public or at least not with the public in mind. IMO it was just guys fooling around.
    That is exactly what I was thinking. Especially with the two people involved here.

I saw it - it definitely appeared to me that they were joking arond.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I did not see it, but considering the mentality of the two involved, that sounds like a logical explanation - just a couple of guys having fun in a game.

I also saw it. They were just horsing around. It seemed like they were having fun.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Oh boy... I cannot wait for the John Fay version. Come on, John, "enquiring minds" need to know. Tell us about the evil and the troubles that were really behind this. I am sure it will be something like...

"In case you didn't see the tussle between Phillips and Dunn during the 5th inning of Sunday's game at Colorado, let me fill you in on the real story. Inside sources have told me that Adam and BP have not seen eye-to-eye (no pun intended) since late last year. Brandon wants to be known as a HR hitter and cannot stand that Adam has more HRs than him. Adam wants to play 2nd base and cannot stand that BP plays there. Sources close to both parties have told me that there also seems to be a woman involved... and the lady wore RED. I will get back to you fans with more information when my inside sources give me the scoop."

Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Philips does not even want a piece of Adam Dunn.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

First thing I thought was they're not goofing around. Phillips looked angry like Dunn had hit him too hard or said something that got to him. I didn't see any sign of playing around and expected the commentaters to say something. Brandon looked like he was going to go back at Adam but a couple of guys stepped in between them during the congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Oh boy... I cannot wait for the John Fay version. Come on, John, "enquiring minds" need to know. Tell us about the evil and the troubles that were really behind this. I am sure it will be something like...

"In case you didn't see the tussle between Phillips and Dunn during the 5th inning of Sunday's game at Colorado, let me fill you in on the real story. Inside sources have told me that Adam and BP have not seen eye-to-eye (no pun intended) since late last year. Brandon wants to be known as a HR hitter and cannot stand that Adam has more HRs than him. Adam wants to play 2nd base and cannot stand that BP plays there. Sources close to both parties have told me that there also seems to be a woman involved... and the lady wore RED. I will get back to you fans with more information when my inside sources give me the scoop."

LOL - that's pretty good and you have John Fay down pat.

Now the real question is - would Brandon Phillips be stupid enough to want to tussle with Adam Dunn? He'd eat him alive and come back for a snack.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post

hehe...sounds like Scarlet may be involved in same way

any truth in that rumor?
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Turn Off Ads?