Turn Off Ads?

Thread: State of these rotten Reds.....Daily Mail Charleston WV

State of these rotten Reds.....Daily Mail Charleston WV

http://www.dailymail.com/story/Sport...e-rotten-Reds/

A voice we havent heard much from taking on the Reds. I thought he did rather well.
    Let's play two!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: State of these rotten Reds.....Daily Mail Charleston WV

When in doubt of the talent or bad streaks, talk about intensity and motivation, the football approach to baseball.

Then this ditty

Listen, if there are prospects playing well at Louisville, bring a few of ‘em up.
    Here's an idea, check the roster and make your own decision who should come up, then this vague, non informative sentence can die on the vine where it belongs.

The Reds management needs to be concerned about the perception of their team in places like Charleston. The writer may have been vague or even wrong, but he accurately reflects the feeling people in his area have. These are people that will decide to drive/not drive the 4 hours to spend a few days and hundreds of dollars in Cincy.
    Let's play two!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crosley68 View Post
    The Reds management needs to be concerned about the perception of their team in places like Charleston. The writer may have been vague or even wrong, but he accurately reflects the feeling people in his area have. These are people that will decide to drive/not drive the 4 hours to spend a few days and hundreds of dollars in Cincy.
    I agree, I just find the "Intensity" argument to be the losing teams equivalent to the the buzzards returning to Hinkley every year.

Sometimes it's pertinent sometimes it's not, but you can count on someone bringing it up and chances are that if given a choice the one who introduces the theory would prefer to watch football over baseball 9 times out of 10.

That said, obviously he went to town for a game, but his perception of the Reds has been more shaped by the broadcasting team then his visit, at least that's the message I get.

His opinions are fine, but they're no more or less valid than any of those on this forum.

I didn't see anything new or revolutionary in that article. It was a lot of the same stuff I read hear everyday.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

It's a blogger's rant, not journalism.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Very true Johnny, I guess what struck me is that the valid/non-valid opinions that are expressed here on a daily basis are now becoming the prevailing perception of the casual baseball fan in an area that use to be very heavy Reds country. I think that is a dangerous combination for Reds management.
    Let's play two!!!

I think the guy has been reading too much Redszone. Almost everything he said came straight from these pages.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    I think the guy has been reading too much Redszone. Almost everything he said came straight from these pages.
    No credit to us either, jerks.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?