Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: 6/5/07 Reds vs. Cardinals Thread

Re: 6/5/07 Reds vs. Cardinals Thread

This game was lost before I left for my meeting.......a team gives you three lead off walks, another walk and a passed ball and you get NO HITS......you even strike out all three other plate apearances?????

That is where a game is lost.....but heak, had they gotten some hits, they probably would have just lost 9-8......

And.....flyer85.....priceless.....I am still laughing.....I wonder if Jack McKeon is busy....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Three times in the last 24 games have we won a game by more than a run.

Where's the fight?
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Though I suppose if you had told a game would go to the ninth inning and one team would throw its closer who's ninth on the career saves list for active players while the other would throw a Rule 5 draftee, I'd have a pretty good guess at which team is likely to win.
    The entire pen is a pile right now. The Reds can choose from the following:

1. Volatile, easy-to-hit vets.
    2. Non-projectible sub-30's arms.

That's the culmination of Wayne Krivsky's effort to produce a solid bullpen. The guy can't find one reliable bullpen arm. Not one. And frankly, if he found exactly one, I'd suggest that pitcher call in sick every other day in order to keep Narron from abusing him.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    Three times in the last 24 games have we won a game by more than a run.

Where's the fight?
    When you lineup features:

Juan Castro - .167
    David Ross - .202

And your pinch hitters include:

Chad Moeller - .233
    Javier Valentin - .250

And you leave your hottest hitter on the bench (Griffey) and develop a batting order which gives the pitcher a breather after the 6th hitter (Castro, Ross and Harang were gimme outs. They were 0-7 with 4 strikeouts and 12 men LOB (take Harang out of this and you get 0-5 with 3 strikeouts and 7 LOB). The first six hitters were 7-21 with 4 strikeouts and 14 LOB. That means the final three left only two less on base than the first six batters.

I imagine the Cardinals were just salivating to get to that last half of the order because the threat was over.

There is no hope as long as Wayne designs the team and Narron manages it. And maybe if Castellini owns it. I've just about given up.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I imagine the Cardinals were just salivating to get to that last half of the order because the threat was over.
    Reds 1-through-6 hitters tonight: 7-for-21 with 6 BB
    Reds 7-through-9 hitters tonight (Including PH): 0-for-12 with 3 BB
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Reds 1-through-6 hitters tonight: 7-for-21 with 6 BB
    Reds 7-through-9 hitters tonight (Including PH): 0-for-12 with 3 BB
    Exactly. You can bet when Gonzalez is not playing, we get Castro and the catcher's positionis such a mess--Ross handles pitchers better, but can't hit (Ross OBP=.261, Valentin=.328) abd Javier is a horrible defensive cather (and maybe Ross, too). Great putting together of a club. And a lineup. And a team.

This is the future we have to live with?

**just a note. It's really hard to be so negative, but it's easy to see why this club is offensively so bad. And it looks like it will continue forever...and a day.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?