Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6/5/07 Minors Updates

Re: 6/5/07 Minors Updates

I have a question for you Doug what shape is our minors like it seems real good .What is your opinion and anyone who knowsabout minors please respond thanks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Dayton won 5-4
    Webb: 4.1 Innings, 6 Hits, 3 Runs, 1 BB, 4 K
    Tabor: 1 Inning, 1 Hit, 0 Runs, 1 BB, 1 K
    DeJesus: 2.2 Innings, 1 hit, 0 Runs, 0 BB, 6 K
    J. Rojas: 1 Inning, 1 Hit, 1 Run, 0 BB, 2 K

Heisey: 3 for 4 with 3 singles
    Rodriguez: 2 for 4 with a single, game winning homerun and 2 RBIs
    Valaika: 1 for 4 with a single
    Francisco: 1 for 4 with a double

Box Score: http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...anafx_dayafx_1
    Just got back from an exciting Dragons game. Dragons went in to the 9th with a 4-3 lead. Rojas came in to close and the first Lansing batter homered to tie it 4-4. Then in the bottom of the 9th Rodriguez hit a long homer over the stands in left on the first pitch for a walkoff 5-4 Dayton win.

Another thing to note about tonight's game is Misael DeJesus had a dominating performance with 6 Ks over 2.2 innings of relief. He was basically just throwing heat right past the batters. He also made a good behind the back stop of a grounder back to him.

Valaika also made a fantastic diving play at short tonight.
    Last edited by Reds Fanatic; 06-05-2007 at 10:55 PM.

Chat Won 10-6

Fisher 6 IP, 5H, 1BB, 1ER, 6K
    Till 1IP, 1ER (3 TOTAL), 4H, 1K
    Pelland 1IP, 1ER, 1H, 2BB, 0K
    Guvara 1IP, 1ER, 2H, 1BB, 2K

Cosme 5AB, 3H, 1R, 2RBI, 1 2B.
    Cruz 3AB, 3H, 2BB, 1R, 2RBI
    Williams 3AB, 1H, 1HR, 1BB, 2R, 2RBI
    Godwin 4AB, 1H, 1HR, 2R, 1RBI, 1BB
    Janish 4AB, 2H, 1 2B, 1R, 1RBI

Not a good not for the pen. Fisher was the highlight and looks good again though.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Stubbs is falling to pieces. He is looking like a sore thumb with a bunch of polished(Turner,Val) and raw potential(Francisco). Obviously Stubbs has Francisco beaten on walks/plate discipline right now, but he is 3 years older and Francisco is much more powerfull.
    The age thing means a lot.

When I was in Basic Training, I was 21 and 3 months. There was a series of physical events that everyone did at the beginning, the middle and the end of your training. My scores at the beginning were just average, in the middle there was a marked improvement to about the top quarter, then in the last day of exercises I won the award for the highest scores among 660 soldiers. I attributed it to the mental toughness that a 21-year old can have over a 20, 19, or 18 year-old, and the extra physical development that a 21 year-old can have over a 20, 19, or 18 year-old. There really is a physical and mental difference among those ages. Anyone could have done what I did, but I tried harder and that came from age.

And, what's funny is there were guys who took state in track events, and guys who had black belts in martial arts, and guys who thought they were tough and strong, but in the end, they were all talk. It's different running a couple of miles with boots and a uniform on over a cement track in the heat after already doing other strenuous events. It really came down to who wanted it more.

If Stubbs is enjoying his signing bonus too much and doesn't think he needs to be giving it all he's got, then these are the type of results he can expect to receive, and time lost is time he's not going to get back.

I don't care what anybody says....being sent down was good for Edwin and the results speak for themselves. Most of this stuff is between the head and how much you want it.
    Last edited by Eric_Davis; 06-06-2007 at 12:08 AM.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomred View Post
    I have a question for you Doug what shape is our minors like it seems real good .What is your opinion and anyone who knowsabout minors please respond thanks
    The system is clearly heading in the right direction. The Reds have probably the best trio of prospects of anyone in baseball between Homer Bailey, Jay Bruce and Joey Votto who was pretty much all 3 top 25 prospects, with two of them being top 10 prospects.
    They also have some real solid arms in the system with guys like Cueto, Wood, Watson and Fisher in starters roles. The bullpen arms are always interesting between Pelland, Medlock and Guevara in AA and then Salmon and McBeth in their AAA/Cincinnati roles. There are some guys in Dayton that are really worth keeping an eye on with Francisco, Stubbs, Valaika and Turner. Danny Dorn, Carson Kainer, Adam Rosales and Craig Tatum are all having good seasons in Sarasota....

The Reds 3 years ago couldn't dream of a system with the type of talent this current one does.

Nice to see Dumatrait with a nice outing tonight, too.

Player IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
    Dumatrait 8.0 4 1 1 3 3 0 3.46
    Salmon 1.0 1 0 0 0 1 0 2.25
    Stone (L, 3-3) 1.0 1 1 1 0 1 1 1.97
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Fisher since joining Chattanooga: 37 IP, 28 H, 7 R (5 ER), 10 BB, 41 K

Fisher with Chattanooga & Sarasota: 78 IP, 62 H, 19 R (15 ER) 17 BB, 82 K

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Carlos Fisher might see some time in Louisville if he keeps this up

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Fisher since joining Chattanooga: 37 IP, 28 H, 7 R (5 ER), 10 BB, 41 K

Fisher with Chattanooga & Sarasota: 78 IP, 62 H, 19 R (15 ER) 17 BB, 82 K
    How many HR's in Chattanooga? No more than 3, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    How many HR's in Chattanooga? No more than 3, I hope.
    2 HR's

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    2 HR's
    That's a very good number.

Thanks for the info you do a great job thanks

Turn Off Ads?