Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Commercials

Re: Favorite Commercials

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Generally the quality of the work and the quality of the ideas driving the work are better when you use an agency, since these folks are experts at that sort of thing.
    In theory, yes! IN practice, not so much.

My biggest takeaway in year 1 of brand management was just how much this theory doesn't always turn out to be the case. Ad agencies, specifically the creatives, can be a real pain to deal with - especially if they've had the account for a long time. If I'm ever the one making the decisions, bidding out the advertising every couple of years will be mandatory.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

2004 Bud Light Superbowl commercial.

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2532914

Seeing the thread about radio jingles made me think of great tv commercials. Specifically 2 commercials from the past: the 'you deserve a break today' mcdonalds commercial & the 'i'd like to buy the world a coke' commercial.

But, I clicked on that link that dman posted and found this gem featuring Charles Bronson selling something called 'Mandom'. It's so over the top it's kinda funny.

http://www.screenjunkies.com/video/t...arles-bronson/

That Bronson commercial was hilarious! My gosh he showered with the stuff LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    That Bronson commercial was hilarious! My gosh he showered with the stuff LOL
    I use Tapatalk and the latest post feature so all I saw was this quote. I was really excited to know what Arroyo showered with... Hopes dashed!
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

7. Likes:

RedlegJake (07-08-2013),redsfanmia (07-08-2013)

Kitty...if it had been a BA commercial of him showering I'd have posted it top thread in ORG for you, foxfire, magdal and the other lady fans to enjoy! Sorry to have lead you on

I always liked the Target dorm commercial. Girls can really dance

Turn Off Ads?