Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Post Your 2007 Reds Mock Draft

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Post Your 2007 Reds Mock Draft

With the Draft tomorrow - all the resident draftniks should pipe up in this thread, and post who you think the Reds should go after in each round of the draft. We'll be referring back to see who was closest and who was the most off.

Here is where the Reds pick overall in the 1st five rounds tomorrow

15th
    34th
    53rd
    79th
    104th
    109th
    139th
    169th

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Post Your 2007 Reds Mock Draft

15th pick - I think they'll take Ahrens, but I hope they take Wieters if he's still on the board and falls to them.

34th pick - I'd like them to go hard after pitching at this pick. Nevin Griffith would be my pick here if he's still there.

53rd pick - I'm fine with who OBM drafted for them, RHP Greg Peavey, but like Casey Crosby as well.

79th pick - I'm also OK with Victor Sanchez at this pick, if he can move to C. If not, I'd like to see another arm, or a true backstop with a stick here.

104th - I like the Jess Todd pick that OBM made here at 109, I'd take Todd here, or Julian Sampson.

109th - Gotta take Charlie Furbush off the board here.

139th - I'd like to see the Reds get Ben Revere here if he's available. If not, another middle infielder like Danny Worth of Pepperdine, or Tony Thomas of Florida St.

169th - I'd like the Reds to snag Anthony Ranaudo with this pick. Big HS kid, 6'8". Fastball, curve, change pitcher. Could be a workhorse starter with a plus fastball and a plus-plus curve (if he can command it better).
    Last edited by Red Leader; 06-06-2007 at 03:35 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

15th- Mike Moustakas
    34th- Tim Alderson
    53rd- Justin Jackson
    79th- Tyler Henley

104th - I like the Jess Todd pick that OBM made here at 109, I'd take Todd here, or Julian Sampson.

If they could get him in this area that would be Great.
    I watched him pitch only twice but really liked what he did.
    did not have a good regional but leading up-to that was great.
    However, a am a little bias to Arkansas guys.
    "Pitching is the art of instilling fear."
    Sandy Koufax

15th - Beau Mills (3B) LCSC; I won't be upset with Dominguez or Schmidt though.
    34th - James Simmons - UC-Riverside (RHP); wouldn't mind Ahrens here at all.
    53rd - Wes Roemer - UC-Fullerton (RHP); James Atkins (LHP) of Tennessee also OK.
    79th - Brian Friday - Rice (SS)
    104th - Kellen Kulbacki - James Madison (OF)
    109th - Eric Sogard, 2B, Arizona State
    139th - Ed Easley, C, Mississippi State
    169th - Evan Reed, RHP, Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo

15. OF Jason Heyward, C Matt Wieters, RHP Rick Porcello if available. Realistically, 3B Matt Dominguez or 3B/SS Kevin Ahrens.

34. 2B/SS Nick Noonan or RHP Tim Alderson.

53. Sam Demel, RHP, TCU

79. Mitch Canham, C, Oregon State

104. Travis Banwart, RHP, Wichita State

109. Jess Todd, RHP, Arkansas

139. Ben Revere, OF, Kentucky HS

169. Brad Mills, LHP, Arizona

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I'm right in the ballpark of a few of you here.

Borbon
    Aherns
    Noonan
    Canham
    Todd
    Sogard
    Stanton

Turn Off Ads?