Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royals DFA Angel Berroa

Royals DFA Angel Berroa

This is one of those small moves that could help us in the long run. Berroa can play 3b/ss/2b and has some pop in his bat, but has been basically thrown in the trash pile by the Royals. He's 29 and would be a better bench option than Castro. we could probably land him pretty cheap, but instead I would prefer to go this route instead:

Reds trade: Todd Coffey, BJ Symanski, and Brad Salmon

Royals trade: Angel Berroa, and Joel Peralta

KC gets two hard throwers in their pen, and an OF prospect that may or may not pan out, while the Reds get a replacement for Castro and an arm for the bullpen for the 7th-8th inning thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Royals DFA Angel Berroa

There's a reason the worst franchise in baseball released Berroa -- he can't play.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Berroa is one of the few players that may actually not be an upgrade over Casrto (plus he's guaranteed another 7M). Trading for him would be appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    There's a reason the worst franchise in baseball released Berroa -- he can't play.
    It clearly states the Royals released him, not the Reds.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    It clearly states the Royals released him, not the Reds.
    There's Reds-level suckitude, then there's a huge chasm, then there's the Royals.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Man Pills

There's Reds-level suckitude, then there's a huge chasm, then there's the Royals.
    Not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Not anymore.
    I just don't agree with that.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

That huge chasm is a one game lead, for now....

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    That huge chasm is a one game lead, for now....
    Current records aside the Reds organization isn't in nearly as bad shape as the Royals.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I just don't agree with that.
    In years past, I would have totally agreed with you. But I fail to see how the destinies of each team differ anymore. Maybe the Reds have more tradeable parts, but does anyone trust Krivsky to do anything but diminish their worth in trade?

In years past, I would have totally agreed with you. But I fail to see how the destinies of each team differ anymore.
    I don't know much about what they've got in the minors, but their big prospect Alex Gordon is tanking and almost the entire rest of their major league roster is either trash or just playing like it. The Reds at least have some decent core players to build around.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Not anymore.
    I'm not ready to go that far, at this point...and I hope I never am.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I'm not ready to go that far, at this point...and I hope I never am.
    I suppose; though a team is much more than just the commodities that they currently possess. Often a team is much more what can be done with those commodities. I have no idea if Dayton Moore is more skilled than Krivsky, but I have a difficult time believing that he could be less skilled.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I suppose; though a team is much more than just the commodities that they currently possess. Often a team is much more what can be done with those commodities. I have no idea if Dayton Moore is more skilled than Krivsky, but I have a difficult time believing that he could be less skilled.
    Good point; let's talk GM's.

Is Moore any better than Kriv? I know that he was extremely well thought of coming out of Atlanta. Moore has been on the job a little less than Kriv; the Royals have improved, the Reds have regressed.

Angel Berroa is about as bad a player as you can find. No one is claiming him, though I imagine someone will offer him the major league minimum to be on their bench. I just hope and pray it won't be the Reds.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Turn Off Ads?