Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Wie Saga/Golf tips

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Michelle Wie Saga/Golf tips

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    Every time that I have ever read anything about the swing from David Leadbetter, and tried to apply it to my game, I have had terrible results to the point of having to almost start all over. I don't listen or read anything Leadbetter puts out. I cringe every time I hear his name. His stuff is definitely not for everyone.
    That's what happens when you teach a cookie-cutter swing, rather than help each individual find a swing that works for them.

Leadbetter is the type of teacher you go to if you have a specific advanced topic in your swing to work on and attempt to correct or improve. He's the exact teacher you want to avoid at all costs if you have no idea what's going on with your swing and or you have no idea how you want to get better.

2. Turn Off Ads?

currently playing in the 1st round of the womens US open

+7 (77th out of 78 on the course)

Starting to look like a career may be finished before it ever got started. Thanks Dad.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Natalie Gulbis.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Natalie Gulbis.

That is all.
    Careful- you might make this guy mad. And that seems like a bad idea.

Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I could take the red X

I'll tell you what. When I caddied out there on the LPGA a few years it was hilarious to see Natalie and her dad walking side by side. Here's this gorgeous blond dressed to perfection with this long-haired hillbilly biker dude following her around. It just didn't make sense, but it happened every week.

I used to stand by Wie, but what the hell is wrong with her? Yes, her parents and her posse have made some poor decisions, but still, she shouldn't be shooting the scores she's shooting. She should be able to be a top 5 player easily with her talent. I hope she rebounds because she's good for women's golf when she's on.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I'll tell you what. When I caddied out there on the LPGA a few years it was hilarious to see Natalie and her dad walking side by side. Here's this gorgeous blond dressed to perfection with this long-haired hillbilly biker dude following her around. It just didn't make sense, but it happened every week.

I used to stand by Wie, but what the hell is wrong with her? Yes, her parents and her posse have made some poor decisions, but still, she shouldn't be shooting the scores she's shooting. She should be able to be a top 5 player easily with her talent. I hope she rebounds because she's good for women's golf when she's on.
    It's quite possible that golf is not even remotely a priority on the radar screen that is Michelle Wie's life.

She's set for life thanks to Nike throwing boatloads of money at her. She has great natural ability, but from what I've heard/read/what have you, she just has no drive or desire. She takes her game for granted, and b/c of that she's inconsistent.

Michelle has the ability to be one of the best ever. But does she want to?

She is 18 years old. Leave her alone.

I'm in the camp that believes 5 years from now she'll be a top 5 player.

She's played very well in the last two tournaments but the Open is one tough mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I'm in the camp that believes 5 years from now she'll be a top 5 player.

She's played very well in the last two tournaments but the Open is one tough mother.
    It would be convenient for the LPGA if Wie gets back to form later this year or next with Annika retiring.

Wie has already been a Top 5 player. If and when she gets her confidence back she should quickly get back to being a top 5 player. She's light years ahead of everyone else, besides Ochoa, in talent. I'd love to see her maximize it.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

It would be convenient for the LPGA if Wie gets back to form later this year or next with Annika retiring.

Wie has already been a Top 5 player. If and when she gets her confidence back she should quickly get back to being a top 5 player. She's light years ahead of everyone else, besides Ochoa, in talent. I'd love to see her maximize it.
    Wie is -17 through 3 rounds this week. One back of the lead in 2nd place. She is back to form already. I'm surprised she's playing so well this early, but I'm certainly happy for her. It would be great if she won tomorrow.

Wie is -17 through 3 rounds this week. One back of the lead in 2nd place. She is back to form already. I'm surprised she's playing so well this early, but I'm certainly happy for her. It would be great if she won tomorrow.
    Would it be better for her, or better for the LPGA Tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Would it be better for her, or better for the LPGA Tour?
    Probably for her, but now we won't know.

Wie just got DQ'd for not signing her scorecard on Friday. Wow!! What a bad time for that huge mistake. Just when she rediscovered her game she gets DQ'd being one back of the lead. Pretty sad.

Probably for her, but now we won't know.

Wie just got DQ'd for not signing her scorecard on Friday. Wow!! What a bad time for that huge mistake. Just when she rediscovered her game she gets DQ'd being one back of the lead. Pretty sad.

Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

How is it possible for the tournament director not to hear about this until the next day?

Who brings it up after she teed off the next day but didn't bring it up the night before?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?