Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Cardinals Game 2 Thoughts

  1. #1
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,252

    Cardinals Game 2 Thoughts

    I don't want to sound like a broken record, but Jerry Narron continues to brutally mismanage games.

    What the heck was Arroyo doing out there in the 7th inning? He started the inning with over 100 pitches, then he gives up a homer to Ludwick. Then with a 120 pitches Narron lets him pithc to Pujols? Narron needs to go.

    Marcus McBeth looked great. You couldn't tell it was his debut. Hopefully we see more of him.

    Hamilton is great to watch at the dish. He knows how to hit. He has a great eye, and takes the ball to all fields.

    What a play by Phillips to rob Edmonds of an RBI.


    We lost again, and until Narron is gone I don't see things changing. Ho hum. At least the draft is tomorrow.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Milford, Clifton
    Posts
    1,585

    Re: Cardinals Game 2 Thoughts

    I don't mean to be defending Narron, but what would you have said if he brought in a reliever and he gave up 3 runs?

    It was the bottom of the order and he believed Arroyo could get through it.

    I do disagree keeping him in there for Pujols there though, especially after he gave up that HR to that nobody pinch hitter.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Winchester, KY
    Posts
    62

    Re: Cardinals Game 2 Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I don't want to sound like a broken record, but Jerry Narron continues to brutally mismanage games.

    What the heck was Arroyo doing out there in the 7th inning? He started the inning with over 100 pitches, then he gives up a homer to Ludwick. Then with a 120 pitches Narron lets him pithc to Pujols? Narron needs to go.

    Marcus McBeth looked great. You couldn't tell it was his debut. Hopefully we see more of him.

    Hamilton is great to watch at the dish. He knows how to hit. He has a great eye, and takes the ball to all fields.

    What a play by Phillips to rob Edmonds of an RBI.


    We lost again, and until Narron is gone I don't see things changing. Ho hum. At least the draft is tomorrow.

    I agree with this assessment. However, do you really trust anyone to go out there and get Pujols out in that position. I turned the channel before he came up because I was thinking the worst. Flipped back and he was trotting around third. This is pretty much getting to be monotonous. To also add, McBeth showed his changeup, getting those popups. He showed nice poise for someone making their debut.
    Last edited by danken12; 06-06-2007 at 10:56 PM. Reason: adding more

  5. #4
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,252

    Re: Cardinals Game 2 Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I don't mean to be defending Narron, but what would you have said if he brought in a reliever and he gave up 3 runs?
    Depends which reliever it was.

    Stanton? Yes.
    Majewski? Yes.

    McBeth should have been brought in to start the 7th. Then you go with Coffey and Coutlangus in the 8th.

  6. #5
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,252

    Re: Cardinals Game 2 Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by danken12 View Post
    I agree with this assessment. However, do you really trust anyone to go out there and get Pujols out in that position. I turned the channel before he came up because I was thinking the worst. Flipped back and he was trotting around third. This is pretty much getting to be monotonous.
    I would have rather anybody not named Stanton or Majewski face Pujols then a tired Arroyo.

    I said before the innign Arroyo should have been out, and McBeth in.

  7. #6
    Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: Cardinals Game 2 Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Depends which reliever it was.

    Stanton? Yes.
    Majewski? Yes.

    McBeth should have been brought in to start the 7th. Then you go with Coffey and Coutlangus in the 8th.
    Dude, I know you're a huge McBeth supporter (I really like the kid too), but you have to realize it was going to be his first ever major league appearance. The kid's already going to be nervous to death, and bringing him in to pitch in a game where the Reds are leading by 1 and trying to snap a 3 game losing streak probably wouldn't have been the most prudent course of action.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hilliard, OH
    Posts
    533

    Re: Cardinals Game 2 Thoughts

    Jerry Narron is still living in the dream world as we all are that Bronson Arroyo showed us last year. I'm beginning to think that last year was a fluke and that Arroyo has regressed back to the mediocre pitcher he was with Boston. Either that, or Arroyo's arm hurts (which it doesn't appear to) or Arroyo has just plain lost his stuff completely.
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2006: 7-2
    Reds record while I was in attendance in 2007: 2-0
    Reds record while I'm in attendance in 2008: 0-1
    "I wish the stadium was filled up every night." - Bronson Arroyo, Cincinnati Enquirer - February 9, 2007

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Winchester, KY
    Posts
    62

    Re: Cardinals Game 2 Thoughts

    yeah, I'd say there was absolutely no chance of McBeth coming in w/ a 1 run lead. It's either a tired Arroyo or the usual suspects.

  10. #9
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,252

    Re: Cardinals Game 2 Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Dude, I know you're a huge McBeth supporter (I really like the kid too), but you have to realize it was going to be his first ever major league appearance. The kid's already going to be nervous to death, and bringing him in to pitch in a game where the Reds are leading by 1 and trying to snap a 3 game losing streak probably wouldn't have been the most prudent course of action.
    I know it's his first ever appearance, but he's still a better option then Majewski and Stanton.

  11. #10
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Cardinals Game 2 Thoughts

    Jerry Narron continues to amaze me with his buffoonery. Sending Arroyo out for the 7th inning was just plain dumb.

    Whether or not you're confident in your bullpen is beside the point.

    Abusing Arroyo to the point where his arm is irrevocably damaged is becoming a distinct possibility.

    He is not right and hasn't been so for the past 3 weeks, so what does Jerry do? Allow him to exit after 100 or so pitches and a decent performance? Of course not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  12. #11
    Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: Cardinals Game 2 Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by BoCcc2832 View Post
    Jerry Narron is still living in the dream world as we all are that Bronson Arroyo showed us last year. I'm beginning to think that last year was a fluke and that Arroyo has regressed back to the mediocre pitcher he was with Boston. Either that, or Arroyo's arm hurts (which it doesn't appear to) or Arroyo has just plain lost his stuff completely.
    I find it very hard to believe that lasy year was a fluke. He had one of the lowest ERAs of any starter in the NL this year as well after about 8 or so starts. But then BAM!, after a 130 pitch CG loss to the Padres, he's been a completely different pitcher. His control isn't there, his curveballs and sliders aren't breaking like they used to, and the result has been very bad. I find all of that be more than just a big coincidence and that all of the sudden, the league has figured him out.

  13. #12
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,252

    Re: Cardinals Game 2 Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Jerry Narron continues to amaze me with his buffoonery. Sending Arroyo out for the 7th inning was just plain dumb.

    Whether or not you're confident in your bullpen is beside the point.

    Abusing Arroyo to the point where his arm is irrevocably damaged is becoming a distinct possibility.

    He is not right and hasn't been so for the past 3 weeks, so what does Jerry do? Allow him to exit after 100 or so pitches and a decent performance? Of course not.
    He's a manager managing to save his job. That's not good for Harang and Arroyo and Weathers and Homer.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,386

    Re: Cardinals Game 2 Thoughts

    Jerry Naron is not whats wrong with this team or this organization and its going to take awhile to clean up the mess left by the Banana Man and his lackies. That being said, its pretty clear Jerry is in over his head and isn't helping things. Harang, Arroyo, and hopefully Homer, are our future, and i just hope Jerry does not screw any of these guys up.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bryan, Ohio
    Posts
    70

    Re: Cardinals Game 2 Thoughts

    I think there is something wrong with Bronson. My gut says he's not a bad pitcher. Look at last year. I really think something is wrong.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    240

    Re: Cardinals Game 2 Thoughts

    so which is it, in your opinion?

    Has the league just "figured Bronson out?"

    or did Narron really mess up his arm?

    Or perhaps a combination of both?
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

    "I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25