Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Coming to town.

Redleg on tobacco road

Coming to town.

My lovely girlfriend gave me a trip to the magic city for my birthday. I have not been there for several years. This will be my first trip to the new stadium and was wondering if you guys could give some good ideas for tonight. We are staying at the Embasy Suites across the river and am looking for a good(walking distance) place to eat and watch the game tonight? By the way I bought my tickets last week before they announced Homer was starting.
    We are from North Carolina and I am a "Big Red Machine" hold over. I can't wait to get to the magic city. Thanks for any ideas.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Redleg on tobacco road

Re: Coming to town.

Come on guys I'm leaving in an hour. I need some ideas quick.

"In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

How much do you want to spend? How far do you want to walk? Do you want to go to bars?

If I were staying downtown I would go to Rock Bottom Brewery. If you want a good steak I would suck it up and walk over to Newport (about a 20 minute walk) and go to Tropicana. I would then head ot Hofbrau House for a beer and then walk back over to the stadium. I have never been to Ruby's downtown but it both Tropicana and Ruby's are both owned by the same guy but I like the atmosphere of Newport better than that right outside of Ruby's.

Redleg on tobacco road

Thanks Guy's. We have to catch our plane now. Have a great day fellow Reds Fans.

There's no reason to walk to Rock Bottom if you are staying in the KY. There are lots of good places to eat there, at the Levee and otherwise.

I have heard Cincinnati described a great many different ways.

"Magic City" was never one of them.

...unless it is one of those ironic nicknames? Like calling a fat guy "tiny?"
    L.A. manager Grady Little had a bad feeling about Wednesday's game when he saw Harang and pitching coach Dick Pole walking in after Harang's warmup.

"I saw two big men," Little said. "Either could have shut us out tonight."

Turn Off Ads?